Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » report 6i problem
report 6i problem [message #144933] Sat, 29 October 2005 01:51 Go to next message
humayun116
hello all,
i am using windows xp and oracle 6i& 8i.
my problem is that when i run a report from any form, first time it is executed well and reports background engine is opened.After closing this report when we execute a new report it is hanged and i could not any work. but when i close reports background engine and execute any report it takes some time but its result is ok.
please help me to solve this problem as early as possible.
thanking you in anticipation,
from
Humayun (multan Pakistan)
Re: report 6i problem [message #145108 is a reply to message #144933] Mon, 31 October 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
del_sandy

Hi,
Please check tht u have closed all the cursor used in report. Else u can user Oracle_shutdown Parameter to close ur background Engine Automatically when u close the report.
Sandy
Re: report 6i problem [message #148489 is a reply to message #145108] Thu, 24 November 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashraf_arif59

how we can check to close all the cursor used in report
plz reply me immediately
Re: report 6i problem [message #148729 is a reply to message #144933] Sun, 27 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeepludhianvi
hI DEAR, I have read in orafaq.com that you have been facing a problem regarding Reports in 6i that whenever Engine is opened the system gets hang else Report opens very late. I am just a oracle developer from INDIA and having the same problem. If you have got any solution then please heal me too. I'll be very grateful. If you have any other problem or Tricks to be discussed then You may use my e-mail id: sandeepludhianvi@rediffmail.com , I would be very happy after seeing you in my inbox.
Re: report 6i problem [message #148898 is a reply to message #148489] Mon, 28 November 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humayun116
hello all,
special for Ashraf_arif59 and Sandeepludhianvi
My dear friends i solved my problem just temporary by using ORACLE_SHUTDOWN parameter to close the report engin, on my pc.After report execution this code close the report background engin automatically before execution of another report.but it takes huge time to formating or execution of report becoze this code close report background engin every time.this is better to nothing.this code is given below...
begin
pl_id:=get_parameter_list('tempdata');
if not id_null(pl_id) then
destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);
end if;
pl_id:=create_parameter_list('tempdata');
add_parameter(pl_id,'ORACLE_SHUTDOWN',text_parameter,'yes');
run_product(reports,'test',synchronous,runtinme,filesystem,pl_id,");
end;
mr.sandeepludhianvi i will contact u if any problem thanks,
with best wishes,
bye
from humayun
Re: report 6i problem [message #148905 is a reply to message #148489] Mon, 28 November 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humayun116
hello all,
special for Ashraf_arif59 and Sandeepludhianvi
My dear friends i solved my problem just temporary by using ORACLE_SHUTDOWN parameter to close the report engin, on my pc.After report execution this code close the report background engin automatically before execution of another report.but it takes huge time to formating or execution of report becoze this code close report background engin every time.this is better to nothing.this code is given below...
begin
pl_id:=get_parameter_list('tempdata');
if not id_null(pl_id) then
destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);
end if;
pl_id:=create_parameter_list('tempdata');
run_product(reports,'test',synchronous,runtinme,filesystem,pl_id,");
end;
mr.sandeepludhianvi i will contact u if any problem thanks,
with best wishes,
bye
from humayun
Re: report 6i problem [message #148948 is a reply to message #148905] Tue, 29 November 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashraf_arif59

Mr humayun:
that great idea to close the engine. but there is again other problem, that when we again call the report, first the engine start and take some time then the report come.
the client didnot want that solution that take time.
i want the solution to engine should be open
becuase if the engine open the speed of calling of report will be fast. how can it happen
plz give me the solution

and i want the the built in parameter of report
parameter value
oracle_shutdown yes
maximze yes

plz if some one have any knowledge about these parameter
plz tell me

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2005 05:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: report 6i problem [message #149088 is a reply to message #148948] Wed, 30 November 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humayun116
dear fried ashraf,
when i reply u i tell that due to oracle_shutdown code report will take huge time to execute.i am also facing same problem like you. i am searching but failed. in my opinon it is a 6i problem it will remove after downloading a special patch of oracle that i could not have.
sorry for this i can not help when i recover this fault then i will help you happily.i am searching again and again on many forums but failed this time.
if you succeed befor me plz tell me about this.i will thankfull to you.
best of luck,
allah hafiz
humayun
Re: report 6i problem [message #149093 is a reply to message #148948] Wed, 30 November 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humayun116
mr.ashraf
some code that i know about built in parameter of report is given below that will helpfull for u is given below...
declare
pl_id ParamList;
FileExt varchar2(10);
od varchar2(17);
a varchar2(10);
BEGIN

pl_id := Get_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END IF;

pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
--this will close the report background engin after execution
--this will pass the values of forms fields to reports parameter
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'type', TEXT_PARAMETER, :type);
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'ph_no', TEXT_PARAMETER,:ph_no);
---this code will maximize the report preview
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'maximize',TEXT_PARAMETER, 'YES');

Run_Product(REPORTS, :parameter.report_name, SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,
pl_id, NULL);
END;

from humayun
Re: report 6i problem [message #152768 is a reply to message #149093] Tue, 27 December 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashraf_arif59

Mr.humayun
thanx for giving me the instruction about the parameters
all these parameter are going well except this one

DECLARE
PL_ID PARALIST;
BEGIN
pl_id := Get_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END IF;
Run_Product(REPORTS,'ITEM_info.rep', SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);

end;

is not working yet
plz give me the guidness how i maximize the report
Re: report 6i problem [message #152951 is a reply to message #152768] Wed, 28 December 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humayun116
dear Mr.Ashraf_arif,
plz use this code which is tested by me and i hope that will work properly.in this code i use create_parameter_list('tempdata') instead of get_parameter_list('tempdata').
----------------------
DECLARE
pl_id PARAMLIST;
BEGIN
IF ID_NULL(PL_ID) THEN
pl_id := create_PARAMETER_LIST('tempdata');
add_parameter(PL_ID,'DATE2',text_parameter,:DATE);
add_parameter(PL_ID,'REGION',text_parameter,:RCODE);
add_parameter(PL_ID,'TERRITORY',text_parameter,:TCODE);
add_parameter(PL_ID,'CUSTOMER',text_parameter,:CUST_CODE);
Run_Product(REPORTS, 'f:\SALE_SALE_RETURN_LTR222.rep', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,
FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);
END IF;
destroy_parameter_list(PL_ID);
END;
----------------------------------------------------------
and plz tell me about ur problem as you say
(report engine take some time then the report come.the client didnot want that solution that take time.i want the solution to engine should be open).
plz help me if u have some idea to solve this problem.i have also same problem like your problem.
from
humayun tanveer

Re: report 6i problem [message #154406 is a reply to message #152951] Sun, 08 January 2006 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashraf_arif59

AOA humayun tanveer
HOW R U?
I HAVE FIND SOME SOLUTION FOR ENGINE HALT PROBLEM.
PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN REPORT START THE ORACLE OPEN THE CURSOR IN THE MEMORY IF THE CURSOR EXCEED IT MAXIMUM LENGTH THEN THE ENGINE HALT. I THINK THAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THIS MACHANISM

SOLUTION
CLOSE THE ALL THE SERVICES OF THE ORACLE.
IF YOU ARE USING ORACLE 8.0.5 OR OLDER VERSION
THEN
GO TO THE ORANT FOLDER WHERE YOU HAVE INSTALL THE ORACLE
THERE IS THE FOLDER OF DATABASE
OPEN THE FOLDER OF DATABASE

THERE IS FILE OF "INITORCL.ORA"
COPY THIS FILE TO OTHER DESTINATION FOR BACKUP PURPOSE.

OPEN THE FILE "INITORCL.ORA" FROM DATABASE FOLDER
AND CHECK THIS SYNTAX

OPEN_CURSORS=300

IF THIS SYNTAX IS NOT WRITTEN IN THIS FILE
THAN WRITE THE SYNTAX

OPEN_CURSORS=10000

AND SAVE THIS FILE

AND THEN START THE SERVICES AND
RUN THE REPORT AND CHECK WHETHER THE ENGINE HALT OR NOT

WHAT EVER THE RESULT INFORM ME

Re: report 6i problem [message #155315 is a reply to message #154406] Fri, 13 January 2006 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
The changing of the initora parameter 'OPEN_CURSORS' to 10000 is not a solution. The real problem is that the background engine is not correctly closing all open cursors. If you change from 300 to 10000, and you have a 24/7 db, you only postpone the problem.

We ran into the same problem, and the only solution that worked, was -as mentioned before in the replies- to shutdown the background engine by submitting 'SHUTDOWN=YES'

The remark about the speed of the report is in my eyes quite simple to solve: buy a state of the art network, computer etc. ( Do not try to buy cheap...)
The speed has nothing to do with the mentioned problems.

HTH
Re: report 6i problem [message #158633 is a reply to message #154406] Mon, 13 February 2006 12:06 Go to previous message
dukemax
Beware that having an open_cursors parameter at 10000 could possibly lead you to a huge amount of open cursors, which could rapidly consume your process memory.

About the ORACLE_SHUTDOWN parameter, has anyone used it on Forms/Reports 6? I've been using it in Forms/Reports 6i without any problems, but it is simply ignored when I call a report from a version 6 form. Could this be a bug I could overcome with applying any patches or an incompatibility with of this parameter to Forms/Reports 6?

Thsnk you in advance!
Previous Topic: How to create new item?
Next Topic: Printing Reports using IP Address
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:02:20 CDT 2024