Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!!
icon1.gif  Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #145847] Mon, 07 November 2005 03:53 Go to next message
Nitin T
Hi Cool ,

Trying to translate FMB (Base Language-English Translation language-French)
Have followed all the steps as given in a metalink Note:70117.1
Create a project and module and add a version and add a translation and then export the strings to same fmb

As per the note I should see the french labels etc when I set the NLS_LANG as FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P1 and run the form
But I still see the English labels.

What am I missing ,
-- The note points out to install French Fonts but I dont know which fonts to install and hwre to install them from ?
-- Also Do I need to select a french font and script using Edit > Change Translation Font in the Translation Editor before exporting the strings ?

Thanks & Rgds
Nitin

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2005 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #145953 is a reply to message #145847] Mon, 07 November 2005 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of Forms are you using?

Are your labels 'labels' or 'prompts'? I think translation works with 'prompt' text, not 'text label'.

David
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #146027 is a reply to message #145953] Tue, 08 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin T
Hi
Forms Version 6.0.8.24.1
Translation Builder Version 6.0.3.0.3

Also I think translation should work for labels as well
I tried replacing the labels with prompts and after trnslation the prompts disappeared rather the translation editor does not display prompts at all

Most weird part is the prompts disappeared from the canvas

Anyways I need to know why the translation is nt working and I see the labels etc in English even afetr setting the NLS_LANG to FERNCH...

Thnx
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #146138 is a reply to message #146027] Tue, 08 November 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please supply the URL of the online reference manual you are using.

I though you needed 'prompts' and a database table that contained the language, block, item, and prompt display text. You then used the translator front-end to populate this table and when you rang the application it would populate the prompts from this table dependant upon language.

Is this how you see the translator working?

David
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #463592 is a reply to message #146027] Fri, 02 July 2010 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Nitin,

I have also imported/exported (English -> German)translations but i am also facing the same problem... trnslations not not reflecting in form.

Please let me know what to do..

Many thanks..

Best Regards,
Suman
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #465203 is a reply to message #463592] Tue, 13 July 2010 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

Have a look at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/migrate_to_translationhub.pdf

David
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #465482 is a reply to message #465203] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi David,

Thanks for providing link..

Problem Description:
====================
There is a employee form (PERWSHRG.fmb) which is referring many other form.
The .fmb available in D folder is also in English (German .fmb is not provided by Oracle).
Few days we have dome some customizations on this form for German Business Group, as German .fmb is not there so we have done on US .fmb only.
Now when we are opening this form with German login then prompts some prompts are coming mixed (English & German).
So I have thought of providing translation s for German language but I am not able to import all strings (Prompts) from this form. Means it is nto importing the strings from refereed forms.
For this I have already raised a TAR with Oracle but till now they have not provided any solution.

I can see the translation builder along with Forms in my 'Forms6i & Reports6i-Developer 2K' kit.
Do I need to install translation hub separately ..

Please suggest how to go about this..

Version of forms and translation builder.
=========================================
Oracle Forms:
Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.11.3 (Production) Oracle Toolkit Version 6.0.5.35.0 (Production) PL/SQL Version 8.0.6.3.0 (Production) Oracle Procedure Builder V6.0.8.11.0 Build #449 - Production PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software (www.winmain.com), v1.0 (Production) Oracle Query Builder 6.0.7.0.0 - Production Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 6.0.5.35.0 (Production) Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 6.0.5.35.0 (Production) Oracle Multimedia Version 6.0.5.34.0 (Production) Oracle Tools Integration Version 6.0.8.10.2 (Production) Oracle Tools Common Area Version 6.0.5.32.1 Oracle CORE Version 4.0.6.0.0 - Production

Translation Builder: version 6.0.3.0.3

May thanks..
Suman
Re: Oracle Translation Builder - Help !!!!! [message #465622 is a reply to message #465482] Thu, 15 July 2010 00:49 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It sounds as though some of the item prompts are being changed but others are not being changed. Please confirm.

Verify that the extra items that are not changing have been defined are using 'prompts' and not 'labels'.

I suggest adding a new field called 'test1', or something similar, and play with the definitions of that item in the repository/database and see if you can get the new item prompts to change for you. Then start 'mucking it up' and see if the 'prompts' stop changing.

David
Previous Topic: Bean Area
Next Topic: Populate record in Data Block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:50:43 CDT 2024