Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Formatting number columns in Discoverer Workbook
Formatting number columns in Discoverer Workbook [message #147894] Mon, 21 November 2005 09:54 Go to next message
adamjsawyer
Hi,

I have a workbook set up in Discoverer so my client can import data into an Excel spreadsheet. The workbook is based on a view that currently converts all the numbers using TO_CHAR so that the decimal points and everything line up. This is good, however when the data ends up in Excel, the numbers are actually text fields. This is not so good, because the client might wish to use the data in further calculations down the track.

I would like to adjust my report so that it sends numbers to the workbook instead of chars. My question is, is that if I do this, is there any way to format the columns in the Discoverer workbook so that the cells are formatted before they end up in Excel (ie: xxx.xx for a floating point number). My client would not be happy if they had to format the numbers themselves when they imported the data into Excel.

Any help appreciated
Adam
Re: Formatting number columns in Discoverer Workbook [message #148480 is a reply to message #147894] Thu, 24 November 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Adam,

You don't mention the version of Discoverer you work with, but knowing 4i (I know... old stuff...), there is no way to format anything through an export. For other versions, you could check the documentation.

However, Discoverer is not an exporting or data-moving tool, so it's not too surprising.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Formatting number columns in Discoverer Workbook [message #148487 is a reply to message #148480] Thu, 24 November 2005 07:47 Go to previous message
adamjsawyer
I am using Discoverer that comes with Developer 9i v9.2.0.4 or very similar version. I'm hoping there is some way to do what I want.

cheers
Adam
Previous Topic: report server error message
Next Topic: rep-0002
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:48:45 CDT 2024