Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REPORT ERROR
REPORT ERROR [message #152672] Mon, 26 December 2005 05:13 Go to next message
ishtiaq_sial
I am getting a problem in my MIS. I have an application developed in Oracle 9i and Reports 6i. Reports stuck on after one or two time.
Re: REPORT ERROR [message #153457 is a reply to message #152672] Mon, 02 January 2006 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"Report stuck" doesn't seem to be very helpful ... does this mean that you didn't receive any ORA error message? If you did, which one was it?

Saying that this doesn't happen EVERY time but occasionally, problem might be in table data. For example, report query works properly until its subquery runs into TOO-MANY-ROWS error. Report server *may* show "unexplainable" message (for example, "you don't have privileges to do something" or similar error) which really doesn't have to do anything with actual error.

Therefore, try to run the query in SQL*Plus using the same parameters as you used during report execution. Perhaps it'll help ...

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2006 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: REPORT ERROR [message #153540 is a reply to message #153457] Tue, 03 January 2006 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ishtiaq_sial
No problem is not with the data. There is something in Reports Runtime, that is creating problem. Bcoz, i run a report from my application with some parameters. It will work. Then i will run the same report with same options again, still it will work. Now if i will try it again, it will stop. A message appears: RWBRE60 Rutime Error. and the application does not respond. I have to end task the application to run it again.

Sometimes the problem comes after two times, sometimes it appears after, say 4-5 times.

I think there might be some setting of Reports runtime that can help or .....????
Re: REPORT ERROR [message #153547 is a reply to message #153540] Tue, 03 January 2006 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Now we got more information about the problem ...

What operating system do you have? Oracle version (DB and Developer)? Did you visit Metalink to check whether you acquired the latest patch which might help the system not to be so unstable?
Re: REPORT ERROR [message #153815 is a reply to message #153547] Wed, 04 January 2006 04:32 Go to previous message
ishtiaq_sial
Operating system is windows 2000 server & client. Oracle 9i is the database and Forms6i & Reports6i as frontend. Some of my clients also use Windows98, but problem is everywhere.
Previous Topic: Convert Oracle Reports (.rep files) to Excel
Next Topic: serialno group wise in report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:37:42 CDT 2024