Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » User Defined Message in Reports 6i
User Defined Message in Reports 6i [message #152746] Mon, 26 December 2005 22:21 Go to next message
pulkit_a
Hi,

I am working on reports 6i.

Sometimes it happens that there is no data available as per the defined query in report so in that case the report comes blank.

My requirement is in such cases instead of a blank report a message should come saying "No Record Exists for the selected criteria. Please change your criteria to view the records".

How can i implement this in reports 6i?

Regards
Pulkit
Re: User Defined Message in Reports 6i [message #153074 is a reply to message #152746] Wed, 28 December 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulkit_a
Hi Friends,

I am in urgent need for the solution to this problem.

Please if any one can help i will really be great.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Pulkit
Re: User Defined Message in Reports 6i [message #153128 is a reply to message #152746] Thu, 29 December 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vijaygunturu
create a summary column which counts the number of records.

In the format trigger of the upper most frame,return true if the count in the summary column is not equal to 0(Zero) else return false.

Now create a fixed frame outside your layout model,write the text you want to show,and in the Format Trigger of tht fixed frame return True if the count in the summary column is 0(Zero) else return false.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,
Vijay.
Re: User Defined Message in Reports 6i [message #153198 is a reply to message #153128] Thu, 29 December 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulkit_a
Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually i am very new to reports and unable to understand how to implement what you suggested.

If possible please let me know your personal Email id so that i can send you one dummy report where you implement what you are saying and send the report back.

It will take some of your precious time and i will really be thankful to you.

Regards
Pulkit
Re: User Defined Message in Reports 6i [message #153201 is a reply to message #153198] Thu, 29 December 2005 23:55 Go to previous message
Safeeq.S

Hi,
Create one Summary column to count the no of records retrieved by the report.
Add a New frame(below your primary frame) with a label to display the text "No data found" or whatever you need to print.
The format trigger for the primary /main frame which holds the actual data to be displayed.

Function M_MainFrameforthereport return boolean is
begin
if :CS_Record_Count <0 then --CS_Recordcount is the name of the summary field
return (FALSE);
end if;
return (TRUE);
end;

the format trigger for the frame which holds the label("no data found") to be displayed should look like

Function M_Nodatafound return boolean is
begin
if :CS_Record_Count <0 then --CS_Recordcount is the name of the summary field
return (TRUE);
end if;
return (false);
end;

Hope this help you..!!!!
Previous Topic: launch reprint in ORACLE APPLI
Next Topic: Report Parameter Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:41:16 CDT 2024