Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Long running time when generate report
Long running time when generate report [message #153073] Wed, 28 December 2005 21:06 Go to next message
juicyapple
I have created a report, the report flow as below,

1. User parameters are pdate1 and pdate2
2. Query from table A
select input_date from A
where input_date between pdate1 and pdate2
group by input_date
3. Create a function, which will call store procedure
(computation is done within the store procedure)
total := Str_prd.count_volume(input_date);
4. Function return total to the report

When I input pdate1 ='01/10/2005' and pdate2='31/10/2005', big amount of data is retrieved, and report generating will be 'hang'.

Is the condition caused by calling store procedure for each record?

Thanks.
Re: Long running time when generate report [message #153141 is a reply to message #153073] Thu, 29 December 2005 07:44 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Hi -

It could be the function (not having the syntax and the scenerio make it a little difficult to tell) but my hunch is that it is where you placed this function in the report. Is it within one of your groups? Is it a report level function? I had a report run with a formula column containing a couple of cursors and some looping and when I placed it in my top group, the report took more than 1 minute to generate 1 page. When I moved it out of the top group and to report level, it was lightning quick. Check the location and think of how many times the report needs to execute your function.

HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: Difference Btw DISCOVERER and REPORTs
Next Topic: lexical reference in select clause
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 02:02:01 CDT 2024