Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Modifying discoverer reports en masse
Modifying discoverer reports en masse [message #153143] Thu, 29 December 2005 07:56 Go to next message
sbattisti
Hello everyone,

We are working with Discoverer 4i and Oracle 11.5.9. Most of our Discoverer reports are stored in the database layer, not on local computers. We have a large number of reports that use one identical, complicated formula. We need to make a change to this formula, but if we can avoid it we really don't want to change each report manually.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any way to change the formula en masse for all of the reports that use it?

2. Where are the reports/conditions/formula stored when the report is in the database layer? Are they stored in database tables? Or is the actual DIS file stored on the Discoverer server somewhere? If it's the former, it seems like there should be some way to change the values via a SQL statement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Modifying discoverer reports en masse [message #153162 is a reply to message #153143] Thu, 29 December 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Steve,

Do you mean that the calculation is created in the reports? Not in the EUL? If so, as far as I know there is no way to change them "en masse". The workbooks are stored in the database as BLOB's, and you can't edit them except by opening and changing them using Discoverer End User Edition.

Tip for the future: try to store common calculations in the EUL...

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Modifying discoverer reports en masse [message #153170 is a reply to message #153162] Thu, 29 December 2005 12:08 Go to previous message
sbattisti
Yes, unfortunately the calculation is stored in the reports. Sad

Well, the information you provided is very helpful, even if it doesn't save me from the effort! Smile
Previous Topic: lexical reference in select clause
Next Topic: Format Trigger making use of variable list generated from Formula Column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 02:07:51 CDT 2024