Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Format Trigger making use of variable list generated from Formula Column
Format Trigger making use of variable list generated from Formula Column [message #153174] Thu, 29 December 2005 12:44 Go to next message
Steve Corey
Hello.

I have written a function that compares two sets of data and assigns an identifier to a string variable if a discrepancy exists between the two data sets. I used cursors to define the two data sets and then LOOPED through the records. When a discrepency is hit, the ID of the person is sent to a string variable. I also have a loop that appends to this string variable, making use of comma delimitors to segregate the ID's. My question is now that I have this listing, how can I use it to suppress a frame in the report?

For example, if my variable holds the values:
1234, 5678, 9012, 3456

How can I reference that in the format trigger of the boilerplate text or repeating frame to suppress those people from being shown? I was thinking maybe something like this for a format trigger:

IF :ID IN :FORMULA_COLUMN_NAME.id_str_variable THEN
 return (FALSE);
ELSE
 return (TRUE);
END IF;

I don't believe this is valid syntax as builder's compiler spews out a invalid reference error. Is there any way I can use my existing logic to achieve my goal?

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve

[Updated on: Thu, 29 December 2005 12:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Format Trigger making use of variable list generated from Formula Column [message #153182 is a reply to message #153174] Thu, 29 December 2005 13:08 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
INSTR - Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Laughing
Previous Topic: Modifying discoverer reports en masse
Next Topic: launch reprint in ORACLE APPLI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:45:22 CDT 2024