Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problem in displaying Page Number
Problem in displaying Page Number [message #153205] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:20 Go to next message
Safeeq.S

Hi,
I am devloping a new report which is grouped based on the supplier and organization.
The header section will display the supplier/org detials.
the detail section will hold the transaction details.
After the detail section i will need to print summary fields and page number below the summary fields.

when i have 5 or 6 records , my reports works fine as per my requuirement. If i have 20 or 30 records, the report prints the header section n detail section in all the 4 or 5 pages but the page number is printed only at the end of the report with summary fields. But i need page number to displayed at the end of each page.
Setting the print option as All Pages will not work as the report will display all the transaction/detail section first, then only it would print the summary alon with page no's.
Could any one suggest me a way to print the page in all the pages except the last page of the grouping(since the summary stub will have page no will b displayed at the end of each grouping).??
Re: Problem in displaying Page Number [message #153395 is a reply to message #153205] Mon, 02 January 2006 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safeeq.S

The Problem has been rectified by adding the page no at the footer of the report ie click the edit margin and add the page numbers at the footer below the layout.
Re: Problem in displaying Page Number [message #153398 is a reply to message #153205] Mon, 02 January 2006 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mvbhavsar

Hi,

This task can be divided into multiple sub-tasks.
1.Create a break report to print header and detail portion.
2.Create summary columns outside to you query model and set the properties to get proper results.
3.Create one more summary column to display page numbers. If you are using Reports 6/6i then page number facility is available directly there.

Regarding your problem for multiple records, I think frames has not been properly set. If you can attach the sample report file, I can definitely help you.

Manish
Re: Problem in displaying Page Number [message #153438 is a reply to message #153205] Mon, 02 January 2006 06:21 Go to previous message
Safeeq.S

Thanks for the reply. I've had found the way to print the page numbers as stated in my previous reply.

Anyways, i have attached the report with this reply and would like to know if there is any other way to overcome this issue.

Thanks

Previous Topic: no data to be returned
Next Topic: One :parameter but two fields in a table.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:39:31 CDT 2024