Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report
help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report [message #153287] Fri, 30 December 2005 17:54 Go to next message
amankhan
Hi Guys,

Need some help with discoverer 4i report.

There is a workbook in discoverer which runs and displays output depending on the parameters.

The report is related to PO Requisitions (displays all the details related to the requisition). For ex:- like req creation_date, req_num, requestor(to_person_id),preparer, approver, appr_dept, req_status, po_number, po_name, po_status etc.

All these requestor’s, preparer’s, approver’s are employees. When a user logs in to discoverer and runs this report, he should only his requisitions created. For example, the user who is logged in is connected hr_employees with employee_id. So when the user runs the report, the report should display only the requisitions with his employee name either in preparer or as requestor. But my report is able to all the requisitions of other employees too.

How can I solve this problem in discover 4i.

Help Appreciated.
Re: help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report [message #153329 is a reply to message #153287] Sat, 31 December 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Add a condition on:
requestor = fnd_user or preparer = fnd_user.
(fnd_user is a standard apps function, not sure of the exact name, but if you browse through the fnd part of apps you'll find it).

Regards,
Sabine
Re: help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report [message #153475 is a reply to message #153329] Mon, 02 January 2006 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amankhan
Hi Sabine

Thanks for the reponse. But requestor is an employee whose name is a full name stored hr_employees table. but where as fnd_global.user_name is the user name which is which is stored in fnd_user.

I cant join hr_employee full name with fnd_user user name. coz they r not equal anytime.

In hr_employees, i have employee_id which is a foriegn key in fnd_user. I need to join this condition.

hr_employees.employee_id = fnd_user.employee_id

but my workbook doesnt have this fnd_user. In the condition, how can i write it or else do i need to go to the back end of the EUL and modify there.

need help

thanks
icon14.gif  Re: help needed with discoverer for PO requisition report [message #153653 is a reply to message #153475] Tue, 03 January 2006 09:39 Go to previous message
infocaptor
Every table in Oracle apps has who columns and you can restrict data by created_by column.

Check this article
http://www.infocaptor.com/articles/2005/12/restrict-discoverer-data-access.html

Use the condition created_by=fnd_global.user_id

Alternatively use the condition

requestor = fnd_global.employee_id

where requestor is an employee_id from per_all_people_f table

regards
http://www.infocaptor.com
Free Discoverer Tools
Previous Topic: Setting Dates as a Parameter
Next Topic: help needed with discoverer report procedure
Goto Forum: