Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Header and Footer
Header and Footer [message #157438] Thu, 02 February 2006 07:57 Go to next message
karthi

Hi all,

I'm using Oracle Reports for years.
I never used the Header Section and Trailer Section(footer) and I want to know, whts the use of it and where to use?
I designed a simple report only with header and trailer and no body, but the trailer part is printing in the second page.

For eg.
We have designed a report wiht header and footer, and while printing it has to print in the same page for all sizes of papers.
What I mean is, I've to design a report with header and footer in such way that it has to print in the top and bottom for A4size, A5size paper, etc...

I hope everyone can understand my problem. Thank you.

bye
karthik
Re: Header and Footer [message #157848 is a reply to message #157438] Mon, 06 February 2006 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
karthik,

I don't get it:
As far as I understand your message, you want to make a report (or a template??) that will somehow 'magically' transform itself to print on any paper-size?

Please elaborate.

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra
Re: Header and Footer [message #158782 is a reply to message #157848] Tue, 14 February 2006 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthi

Hi,

Yes I want to make a template kind of thing...

bye
karthik
Re: Header and Footer [message #158793 is a reply to message #157438] Tue, 14 February 2006 07:45 Go to previous message
vban2000
Hi karthik

Header and Footer
Reports 9i (same for 6i, I think...)

View -> Margin (to see the margin)
Press <CTRL> + <-> (to zoom out)
everything outside the black box is margin, you can put on top (as header), below as footer. you might need to play with the size of the black box. so as to give enough space for your header and footer..

Paper Size

Check your report, have Unit of Measurement as Inch (you can see this by viewing the Property Inspector of Report)

Go to Paper Layout - Main Section on your Object Navigator.. Chnage the Width and Height accordingly. I use (8.5 as width, 11 as height). Report Width of 80, Report Hight of 66.

Play around with the setting, you should be able to configure it.

HTH

Regards
AnDy

Previous Topic: Printing Reports using IP Address
Next Topic: Any nice book for Oracle Reports 6i?????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:00:29 CDT 2024