Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Unable to install HTML DB
Unable to install HTML DB [message #167147] Tue, 11 April 2006 09:53 Go to next message
Azrael
I have Oracle 10g 10.1.0.2.0 on XP, and am trying to instal HTML DB 2.0.

Basically, I used HTML DB in the past on a work placement, thought I dont have much experiance of regular Oracle, thought Im fine with SQL. I want to use HTML at home, on my XP machine. I installed Oracle fine, played a little with Enterprise manager, but I cannot make HTML DB install.

Here's what Im having problems with

Quote:

#

Change your working directory to htmldb.
#

Start SQL*Plus and connect the database where Oracle HTML DB is installed as SYS or SYSTEM, for example:

c:\> sqlplus sys/SYS_password as sysdba

#

Run htmldbins.sql passing the following six arguments in the order shown:

@htmldbins password tablespace_htmldb tablespace_files tablespace_temp images connect

Where:

password is the password for the Oracle HTML DB administrator account, the HTML DB schema owner, and the HTML DB files schema owner.

The HTML DB schema owner is the user or schema into which Oracle HTML DB database objects will be installed. The HTML DB files schema owner is the user or schema where uploaded files are maintained in Oracle HTML DB.

tablespace_htmldb is the name of tablespace for the Oracle HTML DB application user.

tablespace_files is the name of tablespace for the Oracle HTML DB files user.

tablespace_temp is the name of the temporary tablespace.

images is the virtual directory for Oracle HTML DB images. To support future Oracle HTML DB upgrades, define the virtual image directory as /i/.

connect is the Oracle Net connect string to the database. If this is a local install, use none or NONE.

The following examples demonstrate running htmldbins.sql and passing these arguments when the target database is Oracle Database 10g release 1 (10.1):

Local installation:

sqlplus "sys/syspass as sysdba" @htmldbins password SYSAUX SYSAUX TEMP /i/ none

Using a connect string:

sqlplus "sys/syspass@10g as sysdba" @htmldbins password SYSAUX SYSAUX TEMP /i/ 10g

I think Im meant to type

@htmldbins.sql password sysaux sysaux TEMP /i/ none

but I get

SP2-0310 unable to open file "htmldbins.sql"

This is the first thing Im putting in after entering SQL*plus as system, is there something else I should do first?

I would really appreciate any help
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167231 is a reply to message #167147] Wed, 12 April 2006 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Quote:

Change your working directory to htmldb

Did you do that?
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167317 is a reply to message #167231] Wed, 12 April 2006 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azrael
I thought I did but maybe not. I got confused about it, I thought it meant bring up the directory in windows. It only says to open SQL*plus after that, so I didnt think it was a command in that. Does it mean open it through a DOS prompt or something?
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167324 is a reply to message #167317] Wed, 12 April 2006 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Yes, in DOS: cd to the directory and start SQL*plus from there.

MHE
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167332 is a reply to message #167147] Wed, 12 April 2006 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azrael
Okay, I can CD to the directory, how do I execute SQL*plus?
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167342 is a reply to message #167332] Wed, 12 April 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
sqlplus or sqlplusw
If the file cannot be found, right-click the shortcut you start sqlplus with normally.
Copy the target and paste it into your dos-box

hth
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167366 is a reply to message #167147] Wed, 12 April 2006 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azrael
Doesnt seem to have worked, got this error after the intall attempt:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04063: package body "FLOWS_020000.WWV_FLOW_AUDIT" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
"FLOWS_020000.WWV_FLOW_AUDIT"
ORA-06512: at line 3

Would this be caused by a mistake in the install command itself, or is there something I need to do to the database first? After installing Oracle I basically just made a schema and a table to test it, does more need to be done to install HTML DB?
Re: Unable to install HTML DB [message #167490 is a reply to message #167366] Thu, 13 April 2006 06:09 Go to previous message
Frank
Any errors in your installation-log?

First try to rerun the installation.
If that fails:
How is your pl/sql knowledge? Can you recompile the schema and find out what's missing?
Then, goto the htmldb-installation dir and find the appropriate installation-file and try to correct the errors by rerunning it.
Previous Topic: Managing Lists and Regions in a page
Next Topic: Create downloadable RTF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:01 CDT 2024