Home » Other » Training & Certification » urgent- requesting info from all experts
icon9.gif  urgent- requesting info from all experts [message #167403] Wed, 12 April 2006 17:38 Go to next message
drraju27
I have done medicine in india, presently in UK. now i desperately want career change . i am 32 years old.I love computers since begining and now want to do something i love and get good/immediate job.
Could somebody please suggest what latest courses i should in oracle which will get me job immediately and then i can progress while on the job.
Does IT jobs easy to get as seen from opposite side of fence? Is it really good and easy as it looks(in comparison to medicine).
Does anybody think i shouldn't switch my career.would it be worth changing careers at this point in my life.I am hardworking and eager to learn anything on computers becoz i love that, i can't read books or give exams but can sit on computer for hours.

Please can somebody give sincere opinion?I would be really thankful for your time and it could change my life forever.

I have asked several people who hae suggested me following courses.
1. introduction to sql and sql plus
2. pl/sql (functions,procedures, triggers)
3. oracle apps GL/AR/AP
4. oracle Apps DBA
5. if possible HRMS/ Payroll
6. discoverer 2000 including EUL Design and reporting
7. oracle warehouse builder (not very imp)

Are these courses good to get immediate job. Right now, i am desperately seeking job , so please kindly help.
Re: urgent- requesting info from all experts [message #167751 is a reply to message #167403] Sun, 16 April 2006 12:12 Go to previous message
dushyant

Hi

Since You are in immediate hunt for a job and also desperate i would not recommend joining courses on oracle. Because it takes nearly 6 months to master one aspect of any oracle technology, whether technical or dba or functional courses, and market is already flooded with experienced resumes who are fighting for jobs. Unless you have very good references who will pull you into software industry immediately after the completion of any of the courses which u described( All those courses are good) dont waste time and money on oracle technologies.

Or Join those institutes which give 100% guarantee of job soon after completion of the course, normally these courses will not stretch beyond 1 month.

All The Best

Previous Topic: introduction to sql and pl\sql exam.. advice needed
Next Topic: Best Institute In Oracle Applications In Hyderabad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:37:00 CDT 2024