Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Problems with creating validations for item fields.
Problems with creating validations for item fields. [message #173669] Tue, 23 May 2006 20:52
VirusKid

All right, here's the problem >>

I have a form on a report with columns and attributes taken from the tables in the database. 5 tables are allocated in the database, but one table is used for this "form on a report."

I named the report as a Company form, where users can add/edit company's name and details into it. However, without the use of candidate keys, i added validations to control the columns such that no two values are the same, although there is a primary key which i named it as company_id.

For the validations, i created an sql expression type "not exist" and input the following code:

SELECT company_name
from Project_COMPANIES
where company_name = :P8_COMPANY_NAME;

The code did work where no two values are the same within a particular column. However, when changes are made to update and delete, it wasn't successful unless users are forced to change the existing values to a different value. So my question was, what are the methods to set such that all three basic functions (Insert, update, delete) can work at the same time?

Regards,
Andrew.
Previous Topic: check boxes in pl/sql
Next Topic: Report with more tables joined
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:10:02 CDT 2024