Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Forms Personalization versus Custom.pll
Forms Personalization versus Custom.pll [message #174866] Tue, 30 May 2006 17:26 Go to next message
jbryniar1
First off, anyone used Forms Personalization? Second,
I need to enforce that our users end the End Customer
on an order as well as the Owner, Installed at, and
Location fields are entered for particular order
types. Should I use Forms Personalization (don't
really know how to use it) or custom.pll?

Thank you.

John

Re: Forms Personalization versus Custom.pll [message #175875 is a reply to message #174866] Mon, 05 June 2006 16:03 Go to previous message
abhilash
Hi,

As far as I know, all the triggers that are available in Custom.pll are available in Forms Personalization. But in Forms personalization, it may be difficult to put a complex customization, because of the size restrictions etc of the fields. otherwise pretty much all the triggers that are available in custom pll are available here also.

One point I have noticed in personalization is that if you want to keep a customization in WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE, you will have to specify a trigger object also(a item name). But in custom pll, you can easily say if event_name='WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE' then and if block_name='XXX' then
<<do the processing>>, which in turn means that WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE is triggered for all the items present in that particular block. with forms personalization, you will have to redo the same set up for the different items in the block for achieving the same results.

hope this helps.

regards
Abhilash
Previous Topic: Setting up schedule in Concurrent Manager
Next Topic: Oracle Purchasing , Inventory and Project Costing Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 11:49:18 CDT 2024