Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Findint DB server IP
Findint DB server IP [message #175432] Fri, 02 June 2006 04:38 Go to next message
patelhemantg
Hi all,

I have Oracle login (including System Administrator responsibility) for TEST instance.

I am trying to build tnsnames.ora entry for this Oracle Applications.

I do not know application server address too.

Now,

I got this information from Profile > System.

CSF: SID of the database => TEST
CSF: Database port to receive data => 1571

How do I find host (Database Server) IP ?

I need this to connect with TOAD and I want to find it without asking anyone.

Thanks,
Hemant Patel.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175503 is a reply to message #175432] Fri, 02 June 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
The simple way would be to ask your APPS DBA.

However, you could try this (with thanks to Jonathan at DataLoad who supplied it).

"Having logged in to Oracle click on a forms based responsibility, as opposed to a Self Service responsibility. This will cause a new browser window to open and shortly afterwards an Oracle Forms session will appear. Right click on the new browser window, not the Oracle Forms window, and select 'Properties'. In the information box that opens there is a section called 'Address(URL)'. Highlight the entire URL that will be displayed to the right of the 'Address(URL)' label and copy the contents to the Windows clipboard. Now paste the URL text into a text editor, eg Notepad. Note that the URL will be quite long and when selecting the URL text you must drag the mouse down to highlight text that is not currently displayed in the URL section. As you do so the rest of the URL will scroll up and become highlighted."

Note that there will be far more information here than you need.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175569 is a reply to message #175503] Fri, 02 June 2006 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patelhemantg
Hi,

Asking Apps DBA is not a problem, he will surely let me know.

Now,

Can you tell me any form based responsibility ?

Thanks,
Hemant Patel.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175792 is a reply to message #175569] Mon, 05 June 2006 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
As a general rule of thumb:

Arrow the main Responsibilities for the core functionality in GL, AP, AR, FA and CE are all Forms based.

Arrow the Self Service applications in iPayables, iReceivables and HRMS are not necessarily Forms based.

So, I suggest that you log on using General Ledger Super User or System Administrator.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175897 is a reply to message #175792] Mon, 05 June 2006 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patelhemantg
Hi,

Thanks for sgart reply.

Well,

I tried as you said, but unable to find the IP of DB server.

The Address (URL) shows:

http://***********:8020/dev60cgi/f60cgi?lookAndFeel=ORACLE&colorScheme=PURPLE&lang=US&env=NLS_LANG= 'AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII'+FORMS60_USER_DATE_FORMAT='DD-MON-RRRR'+FORMS60_USER_DATETIME_FORMAT='DD-MON-RRRR%20HH24%3AMI%3ASS'+NLS_DA TE_LANGUAGE='AMERICAN'&form_params=+config='pdmdb_newd'+icx_ticket='.683603095'+secgrp='STANDARD'

I replaced company address by *s in above URL for confidentiality.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Hemant Patel.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175970 is a reply to message #175897] Tue, 06 June 2006 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Hemant,

Is your forms server different from your db server?
If no then you should have the name and the domain of your db server on the url you are using to connect to Ebusiness suite.
That URL surely looks like http://SERVER.domain.[com|us|fr|uk|...]:port/

You don't need ip address, SERVER.domain.[com|us|fr|uk|...] works.
If you are connected to that domain, ping SERVER will give you ip address.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #175975 is a reply to message #175970] Tue, 06 June 2006 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patelhemantg

Hi,

Yes, The forms server is different from db server (Dual node installation).

I tried to ping the server but it returns application server IP.

Thanks,
Hemant Patel.
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #176006 is a reply to message #175975] Tue, 06 June 2006 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
On our system, the IP addresses are all defined in
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
I suggest that you ask your APPS DBA for the IP addresses required for your HOSTS file.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Findint DB server IP [message #176011 is a reply to message #176006] Tue, 06 June 2006 06:40 Go to previous message
patelhemantg
Hi,

I already have it and I believe it is not for Oracle DB Server and is for Oracle Applications.

Thanks,
Hemant Patel.
Previous Topic: APP-GMA-80300: Document Number Assignment record not set up
Next Topic: Creating documents from application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 11:57:48 CDT 2024