Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » PO approval process
PO approval process [message #178964] Fri, 23 June 2006 11:16 Go to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
we are looking for a possible extension to allow auto approval of PO's so that once a requisition is approved it does NOT have to go through a similar PO approval process.

I want to avoid customization. I am not sure if there is a possible API or other method.

Thanks
Ramesh babu
Re: PO approval process [message #178987 is a reply to message #178964] Fri, 23 June 2006 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urchin556

There is an option in purchasing for autoapproval.The only thing is that the person creating the purchase order should have propery assignemnet(amount limit) to approve the purchase order.

go to setup->purchasing->document type

select the document type..in ur case standard purchase order or any other purchase order and check the owner can approve checkbox.

Hope it helps!
Re: PO approval process [message #179014 is a reply to message #178964] Fri, 23 June 2006 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi Ramesh.,

I guess "PO Touch less " Option match wth u r Requirment.Jst long back i worked on this topic. so i don't have complete information about that one. but iam sure u can use "PO touch less" Option. Let me explain something more..

Touchless Purchase Orders:
==============================
The touchless purchase order (Auto PO) process is initiated when a purchase requisition is approved and is created as a purchase order based on set of predetermined criteria. Purchase Orders are created automatically bypassing the manual process of creation of a purchase order (PO) by a purchasing organization.

Basic Business Needs/Requirements---------------------------------------------
To create a touchless purchase orders, following requirements needs to be met

*** Touchless PO creation is to be determined by organization (Operating unit)

*** Touchless PO creation is to be determined by supplier site flag Touchless = ‘Y’

*** Requisition amount threshold shall be set at the supplier site level

*** If total requisition amount for a touchless supplier and supplier site is over a certain threshold, do not create Touchless PO. Buyer to manually autocreate PO.
*** Buyer on the Touchless PO is to be determined by buyer on the Contract Purchase agreement.

*** If a requisition has Catalog and Non-Catalog lines for a touchless supplier, Only Catalog lines should be considered for touchless PO Creation. Buyer to manually autocreate PO for Non-Catalog requisition lines.

*** When a touchless PO is created, it should also be approved, unless the PO amount exceeds default buyer approval authority.

*** Touchless purchase order shall be transmitted to supplier using existing PO transmission methods

Data Requirements:---------------------
To create a touchless purchase order, following data elements needs to be configured
A)Descriptive flex field to be setup on supplier site to identify
1.Touchless Flag
2.Requisition Total Amount
B)Descriptive flex field to be setup at the operating unit level
1.Is OU eligible for touchless purchase orders?

C) Contract purchase agreement to be created for touchless PO supplier and supplier site.

Tht's all Ramesh... wht i know i mentioned in this mail.. something setup also done at tech side. that part i don't know coz iam not a tech guy.better search in "Metalink" name with "PO Touch Less".

Thanks
shashidhar K

Re: PO approval process [message #179080 is a reply to message #178964] Sat, 24 June 2006 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
Thanks Shashidhar for this long explanation
Re: PO approval process [message #180103 is a reply to message #179080] Fri, 30 June 2006 02:56 Go to previous message
konka_kiran

Hai Shashi,

Thanks for your explaination.

Regards,
Kiran
Previous Topic: move order
Next Topic: End-End implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:01:24 CDT 2024