Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data?
Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data? [message #180607] Tue, 04 July 2006 07:32 Go to next message
Another Arbitrary Name
Afternoon all,

I wonder if anybody can help me with a small reports issue I have....

I have a number of columns in a report that require conditional formatting based on data. everything seems OK except that the individual columns are not all the same height.

The problem is caused because I have 2 large text columns which expand further than those with conditional formatting.

Previously I have gotten around this issue by adding a frame around all the columns and colouring those I don't wont white: this fudge works fine for a single column, but not so good for multiple.

Eg:
(although I guess you get the idea! - how do I get blue to be the same height as the text (which is fully variable in height))
========================
=----------------------=
=- some test - blue -=
=- wrapping --------=
=- into column - =
=--------------- =
========================

Thanks in advance....

Re: Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data? [message #180684 is a reply to message #180607] Tue, 04 July 2006 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood you well, would setting a field's "Vertical Elasticity" property to FIXED solve the problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 July 2006 15:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data? [message #180778 is a reply to message #180684] Wed, 05 July 2006 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another Arbitrary Name
Many thanks for the reply.

Field elasticity seems to only be based on the data contained in the individual field. So expand only expands to the size required for the data in that field. 'Fixed' would be good except that I have two large text fields both with variable amounts of data.

I can not find a way to set the smaller fields to the highest one in the group.

Sad
Re: Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data? [message #181327 is a reply to message #180607] Sat, 08 July 2006 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
hi

is ur problem is same like my problem?

Visit here
and see the attached image.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/65969/67166/
Re: Reports: Make all columns the same height regardless of data? [message #181376 is a reply to message #180607] Sun, 09 July 2006 09:17 Go to previous message
dude4084
Possible solution

Draw a vertical "graphical line" at the end of the field in layout mode.
In property ellete of the line, choose apporpiate frame against the property "extend with fram".

Previous Topic: Expand Field even Data is no extended
Next Topic: Formula Column return Null value ????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 11:13:16 CDT 2024