Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » pl/sql package and Pro C
pl/sql package and Pro C [message #180689] Tue, 04 July 2006 18:56 Go to next message
mymot
I have got a Pro C program which uses pl/sql packages to do calculation.

now when i run pro C code it runs successfully and showing no sign of any failure.

But at the same time pl/sql packages are not updating or calculating data which are called from pro c.

Also when i run pl/sql packages from sql prompt, by passing parameters values and its works fine.

Any suggestions to find out this kind of problem.

thanks
Re: pl/sql package and Pro C [message #180728 is a reply to message #180689] Wed, 05 July 2006 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
It sounds like the PL/SQL code wasn't executed or you haven't committed the transaction. Add "EXEC SQL COMMIT WORK;" right after executing the PL/SQL package to verify.
Re: pl/sql package and Pro C [message #181839 is a reply to message #180728] Tue, 11 July 2006 18:16 Go to previous message
mymot
Frank,

I have executed pl/sql code few times in pl/sql developer then run the package manually, works fine, but when you run the pro c, it doesnt execute, means no operations performed defined in the pl/sql packages.

I will try your suggestions :EXEC SQL COMMIT WORK

Thanks
Previous Topic: Pro C report not working . Is the problem PC -related ?
Next Topic: ORA-24801: illegal parameter value in OCI lob function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:54:24 CDT 2024