Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order
icon5.gif  Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #181764] Tue, 11 July 2006 08:05 Go to next message
aurobless
Hi Friends

How can I make the Manufacturer's Part Number, to appear in my Purchase Order?

Warm Regards
K. Srinivasan
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #181800 is a reply to message #181764] Tue, 11 July 2006 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
hi,
could u detail why u want to include manf part no in PO /
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #181931 is a reply to message #181764] Wed, 12 July 2006 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi,
There is no option to put the PartNo. in purchasr order but you can display it using DFF at line level.
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #181936 is a reply to message #181764] Wed, 12 July 2006 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,
If the manufacturer is your supplier then there is a provision for entering the manufacturer part number
It can be entered in the "SUPPLIER ITEM" Field

Regards
Vinod
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #181999 is a reply to message #181936] Wed, 12 July 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
hi vinod,
small doubt. if manf is my supplier then how can we include man.part no in supplier item?
supplier item is item terminolgy if it is different from our item code.

i think there is no option to include MPN in po as MPN deals with suppliers inventory.
am i right, pls clarify
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #182090 is a reply to message #181764] Wed, 12 July 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

If the manufacturer part no is their selling item number?
Then we can include them in the PO.
Moreover the term "Item number" is ERP derived but in real world "Part number" means any unique identification number.
It can range from Part number for Raw materials to finished goods.

So we can consider the Manufacturerer part number as the Supplier item number too.

In case you have more information , please provide your inputs.

Regards
Vinod
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #182130 is a reply to message #181764] Thu, 13 July 2006 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aurobless
Hi Friends

Thanks to everyone, for having taken up the issue for discussion. The requirement to print the Manufacturer part Number in Purchase Order arises mostly in case of Orders placed for Electronic Components.

We are purchasing a component which is manufactured by SONY, Phillips, Samsung, and Other local Manufactureres. Each Manufacturer has their own code for the item. We also maintain an Item Code for this Item in EBS.

We purchase this item from different dealers, who deal with either all these manufacturers or one of the manufacturers of this item.

So, when we are placing a Purchase Order, we need to mention the required Manufacturer Part Number, so that the dealer sends us the Correct Make.

By populating the Manufacturer and Part Numbers, we are not able make this information to automatically appear in Purchase Order for the item we Order. How can I attach the Information to Supplier account and make it appear in the PO, so that the relevent Manufacture Part Number is printed according to the Supplier I selected?

Warm Regards
K. Srinivasan
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #182132 is a reply to message #181764] Thu, 13 July 2006 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aurobless
Hi Friends,

I also have another point to share. Approximately we have around 6000 components we regularly purchase, and hence it is not possible for us to mention the "Supplier Item" information for each line item in our Purchase Orders.

Warm Regars
K. Srinivasan
Re: Manufacturer Part Number to appear in Purchase Order [message #182137 is a reply to message #181764] Thu, 13 July 2006 04:36 Go to previous message
vin_odks
Hi,

Then the following can alos be done

1) Create the ASL (approved supplier list) for the group of items
2) Mention the supplier item number and manufacturer name in the key attributes

For Suppliers and Distributors, this supplier item number defaults to your purchase order and requisition lines, and is used to validate the source documents.

Or
Use the Note to supplier field for printing the Part number in the PO

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: Item Template
Next Topic: Convert Sales Order into Internal Requisition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:56:15 CDT 2024