Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Installation and Upgrade
Discoverer Installation and Upgrade [message #183617] Fri, 21 July 2006 09:59 Go to next message
prashanth_gs
Hi all,

We want to upgrade the discover part 4.1 to 10.1.2 in the Application server. (Only Discoverer Intelligence).

We are in confusion that is it possible to upgrade only the Discoverer part in Application Server 9i Release1.

Bcoz, Some people and document says that it could be done only by upgrading the entire Application server itself otherways it ll create many issues while doing the same.

Can anyone please clear our confusions.

Further if we do is the steps mentioned below is correct?

As we are new to Oracle Discoverer, we are not very clear with the steps to be get followed.

a. Install 10.1.2 in different oracle home.

b. Make backup copies of 4.1 .reg_key.dc file and the 10.1.2 .reg_key.dc file.

c. Copy the Discoverer 4.1 .reg_key.dc file (from the location specified by the DC_REG environment variable) to the location Specified for the .reg_key.dc file in Section A.1, "List of Discoverer file locations" in your 10.1.2 Oracle Home.

You will be copying the 4.1 .reg_key.dc file over the default 10.1.2 .reg_key.dc file.

Hint: To find out the location of the .reg_key.dc file in Discoverer Release 4.1 look in the discwb.sh file
in ORACLE_HOME/<installation>/discwb4.

d. Use Discoverer Administrator to upgrade the End User Layer.

Is Discoverer Administrator will be get installed while installing Oracle Discoverer in AS server and for EUL upgrade what r the steps we has to follow? (is normal exp/imp of schema is enough)

Please clear our queries.

Expecting your warm replies.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashanth
Re: Discoverer Installation and Upgrade [message #183976 is a reply to message #183617] Mon, 24 July 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashanth_gs
Hello all,

Any updates for my request?

Expecting ur replies.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Re: Discoverer Installation and Upgrade [message #185249 is a reply to message #183976] Mon, 31 July 2006 14:05 Go to previous message
hsigalos
Hi,
I am in the same boat what you are trying to do.
As we are trying to upgrade from 4i to 10g, we are trying to figure out with the DBAs how to create the EUL_10g_US account.
I have a document which says to administer with SYSADMIN not EUL_10g_US. Why was I administering 4i with EUL4_US then?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Previous Topic: Urgent reply plz : Manually creating Matrix Object in Reports 6i
Next Topic: garbage in PDF reports display or printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 07:55:37 CDT 2024