Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Disabling Toolbar Items (DELETE button) for specific responsibility
Disabling Toolbar Items (DELETE button) for specific responsibility [message #184688] Thu, 27 July 2006 08:20 Go to next message
somus12
I am trying to disable the Toolbar DELETE button for the specific responsbility. I am trying to do the following in CUSTOM PLL

if (event_name = 'WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE' and fnd_profile.value('RESP_NAME') = 'US SUPER HRMS Manager' then
APP_SPECIAL2.enable('EDIT.DELETE',PROPERTY_OFF);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('toolbar.DELETE', enabled, property_false);
END IF;

but this seems to be not working, the button is not disabled and i can still delete records.

Thanks,
Soma
Re: Disabling Toolbar Items (DELETE button) for specific responsibility [message #186369 is a reply to message #184688] Mon, 07 August 2006 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
You many want to use the responsibility ID instead of the name. I see you are passing in a string to the function call. I am not sure if this is proper syntax. To accomplish:

I am not sure what version of the App you are running, but you should be able to obtain the responsibility ID of the person in the session through FND_GLOBAL.resp_id call. You can store this value in a variable. You may also want to use the PRE-FORM trigger and not the WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE trigger.

Hope that helps,
Steve
Re: Disabling Toolbar Items (DELETE button) for specific responsibility [message #187384 is a reply to message #186369] Sun, 13 August 2006 03:25 Go to previous message
kaps
Hi,
You can use set_block_property instead.
Pls go through the form builder reference. even i dont remember the syntax .. i guess it is
set_block_property('BLOCK_NAME','DELETE_ALLOWED',PROPERTY_FALSE);

Please note u may have to do this for all the blocks that are in question.

Hope this helps

Take care

kaps
Previous Topic: Flexfield qualifier structure not showing anything.
Next Topic: MSG 00003
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:07:57 CDT 2024