Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Urgent!!-Using both Oracle 8i ans Oracle XE together
Urgent!!-Using both Oracle 8i ans Oracle XE together [message #186429] Mon, 07 August 2006 23:40 Go to next message
nazeedah
Hello
I am developing an application using Oraacle XE named-Complaint system
We already have an Oracle 8i as databse for other applications and i would like to use the existing Oracle 8i. I already have some table that i need there. For the moment I have created a materialized view but I would like to save the data in the Orcale 8i databse so that other applications can view the data in real time.

Can you please suggest me how can i do it??

for the same application that i am designing i have to include a function where i have to send some users mail when there is a complaint that has not been solved for a secific date.

How can i automate this part so that the system itself send the mail to notify the users?

if you need more details please email me on: N.Nabeebaccus@happyworldfoods.com

Thanks and Regards

Nazeedah
Re: Urgent!!-Using both Oracle 8i ans Oracle XE together [message #187790 is a reply to message #186429] Tue, 15 August 2006 11:39 Go to previous message
rigatonip
For the email, search asktom.oracle.com for plsql email and you'll find what you need. You may have to start some procedure up via a job on a daily (or whatever) basis you need to detect when emails need to be sent.
Previous Topic: download oracle application express 2.2
Next Topic: SQL*Loader and htmldb_application_files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:51:18 CDT 2024