Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL
Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187245] Fri, 11 August 2006 08:34 Go to next message
annagel
After having our test instance over written by a clone for the umpteenth time, I have decided to try and automate the process of loading all the stuff I am working on into our system. I already have a PL/SQL block to create and load all the tables I need plus do some basic data 'fixing'. Then registering the packages I have is pretty easy, but doing what I need to do in the application does take a good deal of time. I need to go in register a form, register a couple concurrent requests, then set up some hr descriptive flex-fields, and some key flex-fields. None of these alone takes all that long, but doing it all together can take a while, and it is something I end up having to do quite often because as I said we end up cloning our instance with some regularity.

So the question, does anyone know of a way to do any or all of these things through PL/SQL? I have been looking around eTRM hoping to stumble across something, I was thinking there where probably some FND packages that would help me, but I have not had any luck yet. So anyone who has done this or heard of doing this and could throw a link, package, procedure, etc. my way I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Andrew
Re: Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187255 is a reply to message #187245] Fri, 11 August 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annagel
UPDATE:

I have found a way to do this form Requests (FND_PROGRAM) Well I think it will work, I am in the process of attempting it now. No luck on any of the other type yet.

Andrew
Re: Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187256 is a reply to message #187245] Fri, 11 August 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
In my job implementing and supporting the Oracle Financials, I frequently have the need to load large numbers of records, and frequently need to load the same (or slightly modified) data into multiple environments for Development, Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Migration, Training and Production. To do this, I make extensive use of DataLoad, which is a free download from http://www.dataload.net/

DataLoad has a spreadsheet-style user interface and anybody who has used a spreadsheet will be able to use DataLoad in minutes, and should be able to test their first load (in a TEST environment) within an hour.

DataLoad does not have all of the formulae and functions available in Excel, so what I do is build an Excel spreadsheet containing all of the data that I want, making use of all of the power and facilities available in Excel, then use the DataLoad "Import from Excel" button to copy the data into DataLoad .

The steps involved in loading data are:

1.) build your data in Excel,
2.) highlight all of that data,
3.) ALT+TAB to DataLoad ,
4.) click the "Import from Excel" button
5.) from the drop-down list, select the window that you want to load the data to (e.g. Oracle Applications),
6.) click on the "Send Data to Form" button.

Now, sit back and watch as DataLoad loads all of your data through Oracle Forms with all of the normal validation that would be done just as if you had keyed it in yourself.

Note that you select the window that you want to send the data to. This need not be Oracle, so DataLoad can be used for entering data into any application that has a Windows GUI interface.

As well as the free version, there is also a Professional version, which uses the Oracle Forms "Record" and "Playback" functionality, which runs on the server and is a lot faster than the Classic version (which uses Windows Cut and Paste). Using the Professional version, I have loaded Cross-Segment Validation Rules at the rate of just over 7,100 elements per hour (or almost 2 elements per second).

Although I have no commercial connection with DataLoad , I am a moderator on the DataLoad Forum, and I will do my utmost to help any new users to get started.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187257 is a reply to message #187256] Fri, 11 August 2006 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annagel
I have used dataloader in the past and that would work if I needed it to, but I am still doing it through the application which is what I am trying to avoid if possible. So for now I am going down the FND_PROGRAM road for requests, and if nothing else works out I think dataloader is my backup for everything else.

Andrew
Re: Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187313 is a reply to message #187257] Fri, 11 August 2006 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Andrew,

Check for the following API
fnd_menus_pkg
fnd_menu_entries_pkg
fnd_form_pkg
fnd_form_functions_pkg
fnd_resp_functions_pkg
There are also some package's name starting with FND_DESCR or FND_FLEX
Re: Register Forms, Requests, and flex-fields via PL/SQL [message #187795 is a reply to message #187313] Tue, 15 August 2006 12:10 Go to previous message
annagel
Thanks for all the help so far. I have been able do just about everything at this point. The one thing I am still trying to do it get the flexfield views to compile.

I have been trying to use fnd_request.submit_request to do this, but I think I am running into issues with not having the correct responsibility assigned to it.

Does anyone know of a progrematic way to fire the
'Flexfield View Generator' request without using the request submit procedure? I am hoping something is out there that could potentially include the setup for me.

Andrew
Previous Topic: Purge data, Technical Reference
Next Topic: usage counter readings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:06:50 CDT 2024