Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Creating a new org in a multiorg set up
Creating a new org in a multiorg set up [message #188590] Sun, 20 August 2006 07:24 Go to next message
iaingordon
My company is shortly about to upgrade to latest version of Oracle E-Business primarily for financials.

Post upgrade we need to set up a new trading division as a new org as part of the new multi-org set up.
The company is a logistics business where the only requirement is for monthly statement billing to clients and normal AP/AR activities - transactions are hundered not thousands per month and there is no customisation requirement.

I am being told by my IT team ( Oracle Business Analysts )that this can only be handled by skilled consultants and that an existing org cannot simply be copied as the base and then edited for any company specific requirements.

In a previous life I did a similar exercise and the internal team where able to do this easily.

Is it rocket science ?

Alternatively I have requested a default set up for the org ?

Again is this rocket science ? - what is the actual effort involved.

At the moment I am being expected to pay for 15 days consultancy for something that should be internal and straightforward.

Any insights would be appreciated

Thanks

Iain
Re: Creating a new org in a multiorg set up [message #188612 is a reply to message #188590] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:38 Go to previous message
Arun Sharma
Hi Iain,

Send me mail at aksgtz@rediffmail.com from your official / private email id.

I think I can help you.

Thanks
Aks
Previous Topic: OM --order date
Next Topic: apps interview questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:41:31 CDT 2024