Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Different behaviour
Different behaviour [message #188736] Mon, 21 August 2006 06:35 Go to next message
salmanucit
I have my application written in web tool kit and dafinately being accessed using DADs on application server 9i release 1.

I installed oracle application server 10g R2 (10.1.2.0.2) and also upgraded the mod_plsql in my backend DB which is 9.2.0.6 with the mod_plsql shipped with oracle 10g application server R2.

Here on some pages i see the error message like following

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at line 23

DAD name: dev_applink
PROCEDURE : app_login.login
URL : http://tipu.lhr.systemsltd.com:7781/pls/dev_applink/app_login.login
PARAMETERS :
===========
business_entity_in:
LizLink
application_in:
ccOrderTracking
userid_in:
dfdfdfdfdfdf
password_in:

email_num:

Why behaviour have changed, if this is an exception from DB package then why it works fine while using application from oracle 9i application server's mod_plsql ??

Second question is that another page i see the same problem but in status bar of my browser i can see the message that page is being downloaded and if i refresh the page, error goes and i see the correct result, every time i need to refresh page to see my result

any hint?

regards
Re: Different behaviour [message #189494 is a reply to message #188736] Thu, 24 August 2006 18:12 Go to previous message
andrew again
difficult to tell, but a common cause is that "in" parameters of the web facing procedure should be varchar - not number or date. The data sumitted from the browser is all text. If the data represents a number or date, the conversion should be handled in the called proc where you can wrap it with error handling...

See what Line #23 is...
Previous Topic: Validate text boxes
Next Topic: item positioning - select list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:37:58 CDT 2024