Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » New user, advise please
icon10.gif  New user, advise please [message #190696] Thu, 31 August 2006 17:49 Go to next message
Mosty
Hi there,

How are you doing? hope you're going well.

I'm a new user in your forum , also I'm a fresh ORACLE 11i Implementor .

Please give me advices about how to deal with the Application and what I'm supposed to do to become a good Implemenotr.

Thank you all,

waiting for your reply.
Razz
Re: New user, advise please [message #191243 is a reply to message #190696] Tue, 05 September 2006 05:49 Go to previous message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi,

To be a good implementor, In short, today's implementation strategy must be built on a foundation of people, processes, and product.

People. This issue refers both to the people directly involved in the implementation, and the associated issues that crop up when a new software tool appears on the scene. The challenge is to have the strong change management, organizational, and project management skills (ERP Project Management Basics) that will likely reduce risk and manage complexity. Successful teambuilding hinges on experienced leadership to evaluate and assemble the resources required - both internally and externally - to plan and launch a successful implementation and keep it on track. The best implementation teams represent a combination of business, process, and product knowledge; skill sets; and communication efforts that encourage people to share information and responsibility for the project's success.
Process. To secure management commitment and ongoing support, it's necessary to define a business case for the software tool, focusing first on the core functionality that provides the best and fastest payback. to achieve rapid implementation and return-on-investment, the successful implementation strategy should leverage the best practices built into the software, and processes should be realigned accordingly. This requires a knowledgeable implementation partner with industry experience.
Product. Today's implementation partner should possess a thorough understanding of the software tool's capabilities, technical skills to provide interfaces and integration with other systems within the enterprise, and business foresight to determine how the software can best be applied to further the organization's goals.

Regards,
B.T.S.Ananth
Previous Topic: How to call a seperate .pll through CUSTOM.pll
Next Topic: Difference of Unit testing and integration testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:26:47 CDT 2024