Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC
how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC [message #190966] Sun, 03 September 2006 08:32 Go to next message
ramzi_j_h
please
i want to knnow if there's any way to format a piece of text or a variable inside a formula , not an entire field
to make it bold or italic ...
for example
i have a formula in a report like this :-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
function CF_name_EFormula return Char is
begin
return 'Mrs. '||:name_e;
end;
-----------------------------------------------------------------
is there a possiblity to make ONLY the variable " :name_e " BOLD
not the entire field ...

thanx in advance
best regards
Re: how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC [message #190992 is a reply to message #190966] Mon, 04 September 2006 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

Why do you want to make that "code" bold?
As I see it, :name_e is a value of an item.
Re: how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC [message #191000 is a reply to message #190992] Mon, 04 September 2006 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramzi_j_h
ok, i'll make it clearer for you,

i want to make a report like this :-

The university testifies that Mr. John Smith , born in LONDON was awarded the B.A. Degree in Accounting ...etc

so, as you can see, some of the text is BOLD !!!

i made the report by adding the normal text as a text , and the text fields as FIELDs and make them BOLD each one seperately !

but i can't make the report justified , so i'm asking if i can make one field which can expand vertically and horizontaly and it's source is a CF formula that i write in it a code of :-

return ( 'The university testifies that Mr.'||:name_e ..etc

so in the code i can make the variable :name_e BOLD

am i making myself clear ?

is there any possiblity to do this ?
Re: how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC [message #191141 is a reply to message #190966] Tue, 05 September 2006 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

I don't know if this is possible. I suggest to go back to your idea of concatenating fields and texts. Just check again if the vertical elasticity is set to variable and is justified.

Check both your frame and item.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 September 2006 00:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how can i make a piece of text (not a filed) BOLD or ITALIC [message #191778 is a reply to message #191000] Fri, 08 September 2006 02:22 Go to previous message
sandeepk7

Rather than using formulla columns you can do it in this way.

draw a label in ur report and write the same text on label wat u want to see on ur reports. Use " & " as prefix to the variable u wants in same label. E.g.

The university testifies that Mr. &name_e ..etc

and make the &name_e bold by selecting the text.

The university testifies that Mr. &name_e ..etc

Your can set property of label to make ur text align.

Sandy
Previous Topic: Character Reports Not Printed Well On Windows2000/Xp Machine
Next Topic: REPORT IN SEVERAL PAGES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 07:48:50 CDT 2024