Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Regarding FSG
Regarding FSG [message #192356] Tue, 12 September 2006 00:53 Go to next message
gmkedar

Hi all,
I am Apps consultant. Right now I am using Report 6i for building reports in Finance & Manufacturing modules.
I have heard about this FSG Reporting Tool. Could any one tell me in detail about this Reporting Tool? When we have to go for FSG instead using Report 6i? And where I'll get clearcut info. about how to use it?
I would be thankful if anyone help me in this regard.
Re: Regarding FSG [message #192622 is a reply to message #192356] Wed, 13 September 2006 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

First of all there is no comparison between Reports 6i and FSG ..

FSG : (Financial Statement Generator ) as the name implies is used along with Oracle General ledger application only. It is mainly used for generating financial related statements such as Revenue statement,expenditure, Customised Balance sheet,Profit and loss statement etc.

The advantage of using FSG is

1) Can apply security rules for specific users or responsibility.
2) Run with different parameter sets simultaneously (Content Set).
3) Define reports as per user requirement (Ad hoc requirement).
4) Re-usability of objects or definitions.
5) User can create them without any technical dependency(Reports 6i).

Reports 6i is a reporting tool for any Oracle application.

Regards
Vinod

Re: Regarding FSG [message #192790 is a reply to message #192356] Wed, 13 September 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
hi,

I am including the description from the General Ledger User Guide. This gives you some insight of FSG.

Quote:

General Ledger provides you with a variety of reporting capabilities, including the
Financial Statement Generator, online inquiries, and standard reports and listings.
• The Financial Statement Generator enables you to build your own custom reports
without programming. You can define reports with complete control over the
rows, columns, contents, and calculations in your report.
• You can perform online inquiries to search for detailed information quickly. For
example, you can perform an online inquiry of your account balances or journal
entries. You can also review any of your financial statements, accounting reports, or
listings online.
• General Ledger’s standard accounting reports and listings include trial
balances, journals, general ledgers, account analysis reports, chart of account
listings, and more. You can set the runtime options for detail or summary
information, sort sequence, and the selection of data you want to see on the report.

Financial Statement Generator (FSG) is a powerful report building tool for Oracle
General Ledger. With FSG, you can:
• Generate financial reports, such as income statements and balance sheets, based
upon data in your general ledger.
Note: If you have average balance processing enabled in your
set of books, you can report on functional, foreign-entered, or
translated average balances.
• Generate presentation quality financial reports with XML Publisher so you
have more control with report formatting options, including changing font
characteristics, inserting graphical images or logos, and adding color.
• Define segment value security rules to restrict financial information contained in
FSG report output generated by specific users and responsibilities.
Note: To apply segment value security rules, the profile
option FSG: Enforce Segment Value Security must be
enabled. • Define your reports with reusable report objects, making it easy to create new reports
from the components of reports you’ve already defined.
• Design custom financial reports to meet specific business needs.
• Print as many reports as you need, simultaneously.
• Print the same report for multiple companies, cost centers, departments, or any other
segment of your account structure, in the same report request.
• Schedule reports to run automatically.
• Produce ad hoc reports whenever you need them.
• Print reports to tab-delimited files for easy import into client-based spreadsheet
programs
• Create XBRL instance documents for easier exchange and analysis of your reporting
information.
In addition, you can use the Report Wizard feature of Applications Desktop Integrator to
design and submit your financial reports, as well as view the results, directly from a
spreadsheet.
Re: Regarding FSG [message #196113 is a reply to message #192622] Wed, 04 October 2006 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gmkedar

Hi Vinod,
Thanks for giving valuable info.
Also I want to ask some other Qs & I think u r the right person.
I know functionally but I want technically to know about Oracle Fusion version like which is the reporting tool(I heard Rep6i is going to be obsoleted. Is it true? If yes then what is next?)
And same about Form6i & workflow2.6.3
I want some detail info.
u can contact me on gmkedar@gmail.com also.

Thanks,
Kedar
Re: Regarding FSG [message #196114 is a reply to message #192790] Wed, 04 October 2006 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gmkedar

Hi,
Thanks for giving valuable info.
Also I want to ask some other Qs & I think u r the right person.
I know functionally but I want technically to know about Oracle Fusion version like which is the reporting tool(I heard Rep6i is going to be obsoleted. Is it true? If yes then what is next?)
And same about Form6i & workflow2.6.3
I want some detail info.
u can contact me on gmkedar@gmail.com also.

Thanks,
Kedar
Re: Regarding FSG [message #196125 is a reply to message #192356] Wed, 04 October 2006 04:00 Go to previous message
vin_odks
Hi,

Oracle Fusion architecture is more inclined towards providing customers with robustness,rapid development, re-usability and more controls to End -users.

For applications tier,The fusion architecture is derived based on SOA (Service oriented architecture) and EDA (Event driven architecture) ie totally model based architecture.

For database tier , It makes user of the powerful GRID computing.

For the development of SOA and EDA common tools used are Oracle Jdeveloper,JAVA and other Web services,BI reporting tools.

In order to monitor and automate process ,fusion will make use of Oracle BPEL process manager..

For more information ..

http://www.oracle.com/applications/fusion/fusion-architecture-applications-white-paper.pdf

"Technology will keep on changing since we change the technology !!"

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: SEQUENCE value is not not incrementing when it is Scheduling
Next Topic: Add Button in Oracle e-business forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:43:34 CDT 2024