Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org
Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #194385] Thu, 21 September 2006 20:22 Go to next message
gudlanaveen2003
Hi,

While implementing Multi-Org in Oracle Applications, what are the responsibilities to be created for different organisational levels?

I think that Inventory responsibility should be created for each Inventory Organisation.

Like that, please suggest me for other responsibilities.

Responsbility Organisational Level
General Ledger
Purchasing
Inventory
Payables
Receivables
Fixed Assets
Cash Management

Please suggest me in this regard, and mail me to orafinance@gmail.com

Regards,
G. Naveen Kumar
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #194405 is a reply to message #194385] Fri, 22 September 2006 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

1) What is the nature of your business?
2) What are the business activity ?
3) How many super users ? How many users?
4) What are the organizational hierarchy ?
5) Functional currency ,Set of Books,COA ?
6) Master inventory organization??Subinventory??
7) Menus for the users?
8. Securing attributes ?
9) Costing methods? Accounting methods ???
10) Business modules and functionality needed?

And So on........

Buddy, Implementing is Easy but Implementation requires lots of information...

Oracle Application might be in built but responsibilites are not!!!

So collect information..

Regards
Vinod
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #194487 is a reply to message #194385] Fri, 22 September 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Naveen,

I suggest that you take a look at the Multiple Organizations in Oracle Applications and the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide and, as Vinod says, gather and analyse the appropriate information about your organisation.

If you don't have a copy of the Multiple Organizations in Oracle Applications or the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide, they can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #194490 is a reply to message #194385] Fri, 22 September 2006 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Also, when you say:
Quote:

Please suggest me in this regard, and mail me to .....

you are being very selfish. Replies sent to your email address are not visible to the rest of the forum, so the rest of the forum cannot benefit. The whole idea of a forum is to share information, not just to gather it for yourself.

David.
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #197298 is a reply to message #194490] Tue, 10 October 2006 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gudlanaveen2003
Sorry Mr. David,

I am new to this site. I dont know that I can sort out the querries,which were posted by me. Moreover, I am not accessing this frequently. Thats why, I asked you to send the mail to my personal ID.

Anyway thank you for the information and suggestions

Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #197303 is a reply to message #194405] Tue, 10 October 2006 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gudlanaveen2003
Vinod,

I am not asking the procedure for implementing Oracle. But, while implementing it, we should define responsibilities. While defining responsibilities, we should assign them to Business Group\Legal Entity\Operating Unit\Inventory Organisation.

I knew that separate Inventory responsibility should be for each
Inventory Organisation. As I have 5 Inventory Organisations, I should define 5 different Organisations.

For easyness, I have attached an excel sheet for Orgn Hierarchy.

Please look into this and give me your suggestion.

And, I also knew that User level responsibilities are created based on his requirement.
  • Attachment: Query.xls
    (Size: 14.50KB, Downloaded 1473 times)
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #197310 is a reply to message #194385] Tue, 10 October 2006 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

Going through your organizational Hierarchy , the following points may be considered :

1) Responsibilities determine operating unit:
There fore you could have the following responsibilities
Operating unit 1,2&3 -AP,AR,PO,CM each

2) The Set of books information is missing in your chart. Assuming two set of books in you structure,
Head Office SOB : GL
Branch Office SOB : GL

3) Depending upon your Assets for Tax reporting and corporate reporting
Head office SOB :FA
Branch Office SOB :FA

4) Since you have two seperate business group and SOB, it is advised to have Two Master Inventory organization with the child inventory organization
Head office MIO : Inventory org 1..4
Branch Office MIO : Inventory org 5

All these deductions are just hypothetical. you may use them only as reference.

Regards,
Vinod

Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #197648 is a reply to message #197310] Thu, 12 October 2006 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gudlanaveen2003
Hi Vinod,

Thank you very much.

Can you please tell me the difference between Master Inventory Organisation and Inventory Organisation?

How to create Master Inventory Organisation in Oracle Apps, is it same as defining Inventory Organisation? If we create Master Inventory Organisation, do we need to create Child Inventory Organisation and do we need to assign these child Inventory Organisations to Master Inventory Organisation.

In my example (Organisation Hierarchy), I mentioned two business groups (one is Head office and another one is Branch Office). How to relate them.

General Manager is top most hierarchy at 2nd business group, and is responsbile for Managing Director of 1st Business group (Head office). Do you have any idea that how can we relate these two persons. Employee Hierarchy should be defined at Business group level. Hence, can we relate them?

But, if GM of Branch office has entered an invoice, he has to take approval from MD of Head office.

If you have any idea regarding all these questions, please kindly share your thoughts

Regards,
G. Naveen Kumar
Re: Responsbilities for Different Organisational Levels in Multi-Org [message #197656 is a reply to message #197648] Thu, 12 October 2006 03:44 Go to previous message
vin_odks
Hi Naveen,

Master Inventory organization is a logical Inventory organization where all the items are created .

Once the items are created in the MIO, they can be assigned to the child inventory organization. MIO is mainly used for security as well as for centralization for Master items.

STEPS:
Setup-->Organization -->Organization Classification (Inventory organization).

1. Create MIO first.
2. Create the Child Inventory organization.
3. In the child inventory organization ,select the MIO name in the inventory information parameter (Item master organization). This creates the MIO-Child Inventory organization relation.
4. Create as many child organization required an relate it with MIO.

Now,as part of you second query

gudlanaveen2003 wrote on Thu, 12 October 2006 13:43

I mentioned two business groups (one is Head office and another one is Branch Office).

Do you really need two business group ? Basically business group relates to the total company or total organization (LOB)
Eg: TATA CORP is business group having various Sectors like IT,Manufacturing,Telecom etc....
Oracle corp is a business group having various countries and technology of operations.

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: OCP Exam
Next Topic: Service Request - Task Template mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:27:24 CDT 2024