Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » ADI not able to recognise a 'disabled' value???
icon5.gif  ADI not able to recognise a 'disabled' value??? [message #195457] Thu, 28 September 2006 16:06 Go to next message
mihirca
I experienced the following scenario yesterday.

ScenarioA segment value (cost centre value) has been disabled but still the system allows a journal entry in the 'disabled' code combination if the entry is uploaded through ADI (source of the Journal was 'spreadsheet'). It even got posted.

Does this mean that ADI is not able to recognise that this cost centre segment value has been disabled???

Has enyone else experienced a similar problem?Please share if anyone had such experience....
Re: ADI not able to recognise a 'disabled' value??? [message #195534 is a reply to message #195457] Fri, 29 September 2006 05:20 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
When you disable a Segment Value, the system will not allow you to use that value in any new Code Combinations that you define. If the Code Combination existed before you disabled the Segment Value, and the Code Combination is still enabled, then you can post journals to it.

To test this, query the Code Combination (Setup>Accounts>Combinations). If it is there and still enabled, prepare a journal (don't post it) using that Code Combination - using the Journal form (not ADI). I think that you will be able to do this, and I don't think that there is a fault in ADI.

If you want to disable all existing Code Combinations that use the disabled Segment Value, there are two ways to do it:-

1.) use the Code Combination form above to query all those that use the disabled Cost Centre, then uncheck the "Enabled" box for each, or

2.) run the "Program - Inherit Segment Value Attributes"

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: Problem with Oracle Financial Analyzer
Next Topic: Oracle Applications Demonstration User's Guide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:57:30 CDT 2024