Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » what is meant by AIM
what is meant by AIM [message #198078] Sat, 14 October 2006 08:20 Go to next message
kotamurthy

hi everybody,

i want to know what is menat by application implementation methodology in oracle financial. kindly help me. awaiting for your reply.

your friend,
murthy
Re: what is meant by AIM [message #198112 is a reply to message #198078] Sun, 15 October 2006 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
hi,
AIM is the documentation method for implementing apps provided by oracle.
Re: what is meant by AIM [message #198185 is a reply to message #198112] Mon, 16 October 2006 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
Hi

AIM stands for - Application Implementation Methodology

Consultants of Oracle with extensive experience in the implemenation provides you a standard methodology for apps implementation.Some of the AIM documents are: As-is-process document, To-be-process document etc.

Even then it may not be necessary for the organization to use AIM only. some companies do not follow AIM as they have their own documentation methodology for implementation.

Regards
sujatha

[Updated on: Mon, 16 October 2006 01:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: what is meant by AIM [message #198562 is a reply to message #198078] Tue, 17 October 2006 12:11 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
kotamurthy wrote on Sat, 14 October 2006 14:20
i want to know what is menat by application implementation methodology in oracle financial. kindly help me.

AIM (application implementation methodology) is the approach that Oracle Consulting takes when implementing the Oracle Applications. It consists of a set of templates that can be completed to help you to shape and complete the implementation.

AIM is normally explained using a diagram, with the Phases being shown as columns, and the Processes as rows. The Phases (columns) of AIM are: Definition, Operations Analysis, Solution Design, Build, Transition and Production. The Processes (rows) are Project Management, Business Process Architecture, Business Requirements Definition, Business Requirements Mapping, Application and Technical Architecture, Module Design and Build, Data Conversion, Documentation, Business System Testing, Performance Testing, Adoption and Learning and Production Migration.

At the intersection of the rows and columns, there is often (but not always) one or more tasks to be performed. For instance, in the Solution Design phase of the Business Requirements Mapping process, there are two tasks and deliverables, BR.100 Define Application Setups and BR.110 Design Security Profiles. There are predefined document templates for these two deliverables, so you (or other members of the project team) complete the documents, based on your application knowledge and information in other deliverables from previous phases and/or processes, as defined in the AIM Process and Task Reference. For the BR.100, the prerequisite documents are BR.030 Mapped Business Requirements, BR.090 Confirmed Business Solutions and TA.040 Application Architecture.

AIM is not included in the price of the main software licence. It is sold separately by Oracle Consulting. If your organisation is an Oracle Partner, you can find out more online at http://www.oracle.com/partners/develop/implementation/global/aimfoundation.html. Otherwise you will have to contact Oracle Support directly.

Please do not ask me to send you a copy of AIM. It is not shareware.

If your organisation already uses AIM, and you want to see an example of a completed document, please search the forum first, to see if anybody has already uploaded one. If not, please make a general post asking if anybody can sand you an example. I am afraid that I am not allowed to post sample documents due to confidentiality agreements between my employer and our clients. Sorry.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Factoring - PTP
Next Topic: patch problems in oracle appl'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 07:50:17 CDT 2024