Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms
Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #198739] Wed, 18 October 2006 07:12 Go to next message
Rajkumar_mj
Hi Friends

I need to make the field "Task Number" as mandatory in Project Events Creation Screen.I am using 11.5.9 version.

How do i make this field as mandatory? Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Rajkumar
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #198837 is a reply to message #198739] Wed, 18 October 2006 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Rajkumar,

Why not take a look in the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide which is available for download from OTN?

Of particular interest would be Chapter 6 "Setting the Properties of Widget Objects" (especially the section named "Setting Item Properties") and Chapter 28 "Using the CUSTOM Library".

Something like this in the EVENT procedure in the CUSTOM package should do it:

IF form_name = '<name of form>'
THEN
  IF event_name = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE'
  THEN
    app_item_property2.set_property(
        '<name of block>.<name of item>'
      , REQUIRED
      , PROPERTY_ON
      );
  END IF;
END IF;

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199317 is a reply to message #198739] Mon, 23 October 2006 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Kammili
Hi RajKumar,
Other alternate is..first identify the form name i.e. .fmb and get it from respective top directory. Open the .fmb file in forms-6i developer. Now select the item which you wanted to make it as mandatory and change the "required" property to "Yes" and move the form to corresponding top directory and generate .fmx using f60gen command.

Thanks,
Kiran Kammili.
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199426 is a reply to message #199317] Tue, 24 October 2006 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar_mj
Alexander

Thanks for your solution.But if i tried to open the "Custom.pll",
it says "couldnot find library SCSFIN, so i copied the scsfin.pll and FNDSQF file. And tried the scsfin.pll but it is saying "PDE-PLI018 Couldnot find library FNDSQF"

Please advice me what i have to do.

Regards
Rajkumar
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199433 is a reply to message #198739] Tue, 24 October 2006 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Kammili
Hi,
First get the FNDSQF.pll from $AU_TOP/resource directory and copy the pll in FORMS60_PATH in registry. If you are still getting the error like missing pll's then note down all the pll names which are misisng when trying to open a CUSTOM.pll and get them from $AU_TOP/resource and copy them in FORMS60_PATH in registry.

Thanks,
Kiran Kammili.
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199499 is a reply to message #199317] Tue, 24 October 2006 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Kiran Kammili wrote on Mon, 23 October 2006 15:30

Other alternate is..first identify the form name i.e. .fmb and get it from respective top directory. Open the .fmb file in forms-6i developer. Now select the item which you wanted to make it as mandatory and change the "required" property to "Yes" and move the form to corresponding top directory and generate .fmx using f60gen command.

I would advice against doing this. It is not a supported extension and you would loose it every time you install a patch containing a new version of the form. Customising forms should be done using either forms personalisations or the CUSTOM Library if possible.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199557 is a reply to message #199499] Wed, 25 October 2006 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar_mj
Alex

I have used the following code and compiled sucessfullt in the client machine where Forms installed.

IF (EVENT_NAME = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE')
Then
ja_in_fa.copy_dpis('WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE');
IF form_name = 'PAXINEVT' THEN
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('EVENTS.TASK_NUMBER_MIR',REQUIRED,PROPERTY_TRUE);
end if;

And i copied the custom.pll and custom.plx in server.$AU_TOP/Resource

But when i tried to open the FOrms application , it says the following error

"APP-FND-01926 - The custom event WHEN-LOGON-CHANGED raised unhandled exception. ORA-06508 PL/SQL could not find program unit being called"

I compiled in Client machine by clicking Ctrl + T in Forms application.

Is there anyway to complie the program in server ?

Am i missing anything here?

Please advice me.

Regards
Rajkumar
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199675 is a reply to message #199557] Wed, 25 October 2006 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Rajkumar,

You can compile the library on the server using the f60gen command. The syntax for compiling an Apps Forms library module is:

f60gen module=library_name.pll userid=apps/password module_type=library batch=yes compile_all=special 

I think you will find the Oracle Forms in Applications FAQ in Metalink note 177610.1 useful.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #199853 is a reply to message #199675] Thu, 26 October 2006 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar_mj
ALexander

Thanks for your help

It works

Regards
Rajkumar
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #200204 is a reply to message #198739] Sun, 29 October 2006 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KARTHICK_narayan

hi rajkumar,

u can use the forms personalization, to change it to mandatory field.

it will be more simpler, than customizing the custom.pll of forms compilation.

regards
Karthick.
Re: Making a Field as Mandatory in Forms [message #217453 is a reply to message #198739] Fri, 02 February 2007 05:36 Go to previous message
Rajkumar_mj
Alex

I have customized the custom.pll to make the AP Distribution lines "Description" field as Mandatory if the project is not null. I used the following code

IF form_name ='APXINWKB' and block_name ='D_SUM_FOLDER' THEN
if name_in('D_SUM_FOLDER.PROJECT') is not null then
set_item_property('D_SUM_FOLDER.DESCRIPTION',REQUIRED ,PROPERTY_TRUE);
end if;
END IF;

So I compiled the Same successfully and transferred the file to the servers '$AU_TOP/resource' folder.

But when i tried to test the test instance, it says following error while opening.

Alex

I have customized the custom.pll to make the AP Distribution lines "Description" field as Mandatory if the project is not null. I used the following code

IF form_name ='APXINWKB' and block_name ='D_SUM_FOLDER' THEN
if name_in('D_SUM_FOLDER.PROJECT') is not null then
set_item_property('D_SUM_FOLDER.DESCRIPTION',REQUIRED ,PROPERTY_TRUE);
end if;
END IF;

So I compiled the Same successfully and transferred the file to the servers '$AU_TOP/resource' folder.

But when i tried to test the test instance, it says following error while opening.

APP-FND-01926 - The custom event WHEN-LOGON-CHANGED raised unhandled exception. ORA-06508 PL/SQL could not find program unit being called"

So i pressed CTRL+T (File-Administration-Compile in forms)

And I am using 11.5.9 version. We dont have forms personalization

So Please help
Previous Topic: order to cash - Accounting entries
Next Topic: Populate MTL_TRANSACTION_LOTS_INTERFACE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 06:36:19 CDT 2024