Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Discoverer doubts
Oracle Discoverer doubts [message #203925] Thu, 16 November 2006 23:52 Go to next message
rkesavan
hai friends,

I am using oracle discoverer (9ids release 2). my question is, i have 6 reports and 3 users (like manager,officer,clerk).

The manager have the privilege for view all reports, but officer and cleark have the privilege to view only specified reports.

is it possible to set these kind of privilege for users in discovererAs. if yes, how to do it. if any document or related site reference is highly appericiated.

i am waiting for urs valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

with regards
kesavan.r
Re: Oracle Discoverer doubts [message #204191 is a reply to message #203925] Sat, 18 November 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Maybe you're looking for sharing workbooks, this is in the user documentation.
Re: Oracle Discoverer doubts [message #204889 is a reply to message #203925] Wed, 22 November 2006 09:11 Go to previous message
DiscoUser
I am using oracle discoverer (9ids release 2). my question is, i have 6 reports and 3 users (like manager,officer,clerk).

The manager have the privilege for view all reports, but officer and cleark have the privilege to view only specified reports.

You can do this in 2 ways, depending on the type of reports and data. I am assuming you are using discoverer with Oracle applications.

You can share all the 6 workbooks to the Manager, and Share specific workbooks to the Officer and Clerk.

If the manager has different security than others, like Manager has Super User responsibility and others have regular user responsibility, you can share the workbooks to the responsibilities instead of to the users.
Example, WB1 thru WB6 are shared to GL Superuser Responsibility, and W1, W2 are shared with GL User Responsibility, if you grant Manager the GL Superuser Responsibility he can see all 6 reports. If you grant other users GL User Responsibility, they can see only 2 reports.

Hope this helps.
DU.
Previous Topic: procedure entry point psoasyn could not be located in orapls.dll
Next Topic: try to put two report into one
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:16:57 CDT 2024