Home » Server Options » Data Guard » dataguard broker settings to perform perfect failover and switchover operation
dataguard broker settings to perform perfect failover and switchover operation [message #205563] Sun, 26 November 2006 02:36 Go to next message
vipin_doshi

Hi all,

could you please tell what parameters should i set so i can perform switchover and failover operation succesfully.I did all the setting according to the documentation but the switchover was not perfect.Although primary converted to standby and standby converted to primary but after data broker came with some errors.( I am using stanby physical database).

2)can i configure dataguard broker on each primary and stanby sites so i can perform switchover and failover from any machine.

Thanks,
Vipin Doshi
Re: dataguard broker settings to perform perfect failover and switchover operation [message #205580 is a reply to message #205563] Sun, 26 November 2006 07:25 Go to previous message
email.sandeepnaik
1) what errors are you getting..please post here so that we can get more details on problem.

2) once datagaurd broker is setup, you can perform switchover and failover from any node as long it is configured in broker.

Sandeep
Previous Topic: cannot start OEM on standby database
Next Topic: Roll Forward & Missing Archive logs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:29:38 CDT 2024