Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Multiple reports in single report (was Migrated forms property)
Multiple reports in single report (was Migrated forms property) [message #208755] Tue, 12 December 2006 02:34 Go to next message
scj2992
Hi,

We had migrated a legacy application from Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5 to Forms and reports 6i. One major problem that we face is, when the reports are sent for printing in the new version, it prints out in random order. The reason for this is, because in 6i, there are multiple reports servers that are created for each report that is fired, making it a parallel process. So which ever report gets generated, irrespective of the order in which it was sent, gets fired to the printer. In 4.5 version there was a single reports server which used to process reports in the order in which they were sent. I think it is a property of the Oracle runtime and cannot be changed.

We want to have it printed in the order it is sent for printing just as it was in 4.5.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jose

Upd-Mod: Change title.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 December 2006 17:18] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migrated forms property [message #208987 is a reply to message #208755] Tue, 12 December 2006 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Then use a single report server.

David
Re: Migrated forms property [message #209044 is a reply to message #208987] Wed, 13 December 2006 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scj2992
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

The Reports are called from forms using the run_product built-in. There are four reports that will be sent at a time using the same in ASYNCHRONOUS mode.

Example:
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep1', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep2', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep3', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep4', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );

The problem is that they are processed in parallel and is sent to the printer in any order they are finished- say rep1, rep3, rep4, rep2, while we want it to come out as rep1, rep2, rep3 and rep4.

There is no explicit call to the Reports Server as such since we use the run_product built in. Is there a way to limit the reports to run on a single reports server?

Appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jose.
Re: Migrated forms property [message #209212 is a reply to message #209044] Wed, 13 December 2006 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is it possible to put these four reports into a single report?

I'm going to move this thread to the Reports forum.

David
Re: Migrated forms property [message #209502 is a reply to message #209212] Fri, 15 December 2006 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scj2992
Hi,

It will not be possible to place them into a single report. The Code I had pasted below was just a sample. There are nine such reports which can be called in any order.

Thanks.

Jose
Re: Migrated forms property [message #209654 is a reply to message #209502] Sat, 16 December 2006 07:03 Go to previous message
ab_trivedi
Hi Jose,

what i can take out from you question is that you are using

Quote:
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep1', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep2', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep3', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );
RUN_PRODUCT ( REPORTS, 'rep4', ASYNCHRONOUS, BATCH, FILESYSTEM, 'REP_PARAM', NULL );

But when it start printing it is not sequential is this the problem?

Bye
Previous Topic: Problem in Oracle Report
Next Topic: Migrating report from development to production Environment!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:05:56 CDT 2024