Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup
can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup [message #210570] Thu, 21 December 2006 06:22 Go to next message
kumar_apps
can we change the value set after defining entire multiorg setup and even the inventory information is also given, as the values in the valueset attached with the account segment is inadequate.

also pls. let me know if we can add values(accounts) in huge no. importing from any excel sheet / or any such procudeure.

Pls. let me know what are the changes reqd. to be done.

kumar
Re: can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup [message #210667 is a reply to message #210570] Thu, 21 December 2006 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
kumar_apps wrote on Thu, 21 December 2006 12:22
can we change the value set after defining entire multiorg setup and even the inventory information is also given, as the values in the valueset attached with the account segment is inadequate.
You can change the values in the Value Set and add new values, but you cannot change the size/length/number of characters. Please refer to the Flexfields manual for further information.
kumar_apps wrote on Thu, 21 December 2006 12:22
also pls. let me know if we can add values(accounts) in huge no. importing from any excel sheet / or any such procudeure.
Please take a look at DataLoad, which is a free download from http://www.dataload.net and is designed to load data from Excel into Oracle Applications (or any other application with a GUI).

Cool HTH

David
Re: can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup [message #210714 is a reply to message #210667] Fri, 22 December 2006 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_apps
Hi Friend,

Than u for the quick responce, also pls. help me know the procedure that how to do this import from excel sheet using datalod. Is this the job of the functional people to do it or should take the assistance of the technical gui.

Thanks in advance
kumar
Re: can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup [message #210811 is a reply to message #210714] Fri, 22 December 2006 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
DataLoad is an end user tool. Loading values into a Value Set should be performed by a Functional person, whether they do it manually or using DataLoad.

Visit the DataLoad site for yourself and look at the user guide and the specimen spreadsheets. This should give you enough information to get you up and running. If you have any specific questions once you are started, then please post them here or on the DataLoad Forum.

Cool HTH

David
Re: can we change the value set after defining multiorg setup [message #211054 is a reply to message #210811] Mon, 25 December 2006 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_apps
Hi David

Now I am ok with using DATALOAD with your guidence in the dataload forum as well. Still require your help regarding the excel sheets which are provided in the datalod site is not matching with the form(i.e.11.5.10.2) hence the values are not loading properly. Couldn't we create an excel sheet of a segment values window which is having values(of all accounting heads) which i need to upload into my value set through dataload.

Pls. helpme inthis regard.

Thanks in anticipation
Kumar
account segment values excel sheet required - pls. help [message #211104 is a reply to message #210811] Tue, 26 December 2006 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_apps
Hi David,

Can u pls. provide 'ACCOUNT SEGMENT VALUES' excel sheet which contains of default natural account segment values of 'ACCOUNT' value set provided by oracle apps, so that I can upload the same through dataload into my application.

thanks and regards
kumar
Re: account segment values excel sheet required - pls. help [message #212021 is a reply to message #211104] Wed, 03 January 2007 09:19 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Please see my reply at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/212017/78318/#msg_212017

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: Check if eBusiness Suite has been well implemented
Next Topic: PickSlip Report Issue - OM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:17:39 CDT 2024