Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » please clarify these are
please clarify these are [message #212496] Fri, 05 January 2007 09:52 Go to next message
kotamurthy

Dear friends,

I am murthy from hyderabad. would you please give me details of the following responsibilities atleast three to four lines.

1) What is meant by business proces analysis
2) resolving period closure issues ( GL,AP )
3) what is meant by end user interaction.
4) what are the inputs generally provided by oracle financial consultant to the techinical consultant for the development of reports and other concurrent programmes.

I am soory to ask the above responsibilities.
any body give me reply answer for the above responsibilities

Thanking you,
YOur friend,
K.S.MURTHY
Re: please clarify these are [message #212540 is a reply to message #212496] Fri, 05 January 2007 14:32 Go to previous message
adragnes
Murthy,

Business process analysis is the process of determining how things are done in an organisation. Basically you define a set of roles that represent people with certain responsibilities and authorities in the organisation and activities which are tasks performed.

An example of a business process is the purchase-to-pay process which starts out in Purchasing where some enters a requisition for some good or service and ends in Cash Management where the payments clerk reconciles the payments made for the goods and services received with the bank statements. There are of course many varieties of how this is done. Roles in this process could be the Requester, the Buyer, the Approver and the Payments Clerk. Tasks include entering a requisition, approving the requisition and entering the invoice.

A business process may span several applications in the E-Business Suite, other systems and even manual paper-based activities performed outside any form of system.

I suggest you google for BPM, BPMN (business process modeling notation -- a standard for diagramming business processes) and BPEL (business process execution language -- a standard for describing business processes for automatic execution using for instance Oracle's BPEL Process Manager or equivalent middleware software from IBM, BEA, Sun and any number of other software vendors.)

Period closure issues are issues you face when closing the period. At the end of every accounting period, typically the end of the month, you close your books and do reconciliation work. For instance you check whether the accounting in your subledgers (e.g. AP) is consistent with what is in GL. There is plenty of material on closing the period in Oracle Payables Users Guide and in the General Ledger User Guide both, like most E-Business Suite manuals freely available for download from OTN.

An end user is someone who is going to use the system in order to perform their job. An end user typically not care about the system in and of itself, it is only a tool for the end user in accomplishing their task. An example of an end user of AP would be a payment clerk. An end-user interaction could then either mean (1) an interaction between the end user and the system or (2) an interaction between the end user and a developer or system administrator developing or maintaining the application.

As for your last question, I think David already have told you this. Typically what the technical consultant receives is the functional design (MD.050 for those using AIM) for the report, interface, conversion program, extension or workflow that needs to be built or customised to meet the business requirements, i.e. there is a gap between standard functionality and the requirement that it is worthwhile to do some custom development to close.

Technical consultants are also responsible for the technical architecture. The technical architect will typically receive non-functional requirements for things such as performance, security and up-time from the functional consultants. In addition the business process analysis will contain information on the volume of transactions that will be invaluable for the technical architect in sizing the environment.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: DLD template for Dependent Valuesets
Next Topic: OM - Pricing/Discounting Interview Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:44:47 CDT 2024