Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » cash management doubt
cash management doubt [message #213469] Wed, 10 January 2007 21:51 Go to next message
sridharkundeti
Hi all
can anybody pls clarify this doubt in cash management
In cash positioning worksheet creation, for the Bank account opening balance, we have to give the Float type i.e.
1day, 2day etc.
what is the meaning of float here and what is it's practicality?

Thanks in advance,
Sridhar.K
Re: cash management doubt [message #213564 is a reply to message #213469] Thu, 11 January 2007 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
sridharkundeti wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 03:51
can anybody pls clarify this doubt in cash management
In cash positioning worksheet creation, for the Bank account opening balance, we have to give the Float type i.e. 1day, 2day etc.
what is the meaning of float here and what is it's practicality?

The only references to "cash positioning" that I can find in the Oracle Cash Management User Guide refer to Oracle Treasury. e.g. "After you have successfully imported the intra–day bank statements, you can include the information in your cash positioning in Oracle Treasury."

Could you please be a bit more precise in your question? Are you trying to enter the Float Type in a form? If so, what is the name of the form (Help, About Oracle Applications)? What is the navigation to the form? What does it say in Help? What does it say in the appropriate User Guide?

Cool Please help us to help you.

David.
Re: cash management doubt [message #213592 is a reply to message #213469] Thu, 11 January 2007 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sridharkundeti
Thanks David,
for the interest you have shown upon my doubt,
It was just eagerness, that made my doubt unclear
Ok let me clarify my doubt
I am in the process of creating Cash position worksheet
The navigation is Cashmanagement->Cash positioning
The first thing we have to do is setting Bank account balance
I selected "SELECT MANUALLY" buttom to give the options
where for the opening balance it is asking the Float type.
You can see it from the attachment of this message.

Another thing is I referred the user guide also, no much information was given. I am pasting it here

"Float Type. (Required) Select a value in this field to adjust your opening bank account balance. Options include: Add One Day Float,Add Two Day Float, None, Subtract One Day Float, and Subtract Two Day Float."

I think I have given you enough Information,

Thanks in advance & regards,
Sridhar.K
Re: cash management doubt [message #213796 is a reply to message #213592] Fri, 12 January 2007 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
From the screen shot, it looks as though you are using 11.5.10 and I have been looking at 11.5.9 and I don't have access to an 11.5.10 system at the moment. So .....

What does it say in Help?
What does it say in the 11.5.10 User Guide?

Cool HTH

David.

P.S. You might also want to read this:-
How to get a quick answer to your question: TIPS AND TRICKS
Re: cash management doubt [message #213978 is a reply to message #213469] Sat, 13 January 2007 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sridharkundeti
Thanks Google and David(for the suggestion),
I was breaking my head only on User guides but forgot Google as an alternative.
At last I got the answer

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar.K
Re: cash management doubt [message #214172 is a reply to message #213978] Mon, 15 January 2007 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
sridharkundeti wrote on Sat, 13 January 2007 11:51
Thanks Google and David(for the suggestion),
I was breaking my head only on User guides but forgot Google as an alternative.
At last I got the answer

What was the answer? (For other forum members, for future reference, when they are searching the forum.)
Where did you find the answer? (A URL would be handy.)
Was there nothing in Help or in the User Guide?

David.
Re: cash management doubt [message #215423 is a reply to message #213469] Mon, 22 January 2007 04:19 Go to previous message
tgs100
Hi,

Float days: In case of payables, it is the difference between the check date and clearing date (money is reduced from bank account). In case of receivables, it is the difference between the check deposit date and the date money comes into your account.

In short, it is the no. of days bank takes for clearing the check. It depends on Bank, type of instrument, origin of instrument.

Cheers,
Sara

Previous Topic: APS Dosen't collect all sales order
Next Topic: Could any one help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 07:16:11 CDT 2024