Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer
Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer [message #213580] Thu, 11 January 2007 05:49 Go to next message
aatif2001
HELLO EVERY1

i am trying to sort out a prob scenario is simple:

in Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer

can we in live production enviroment coz some of the accounts are improperly assigend and question is from where we can change them

i reqquire navigation and then the after effects
incase if we change the above said accounts do thell impact somewot adversly on live prod

many thanx

Re: Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer [message #213791 is a reply to message #213580] Fri, 12 January 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
aatif2001 wrote on Thu, 11 January 2007 11:49
in Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer

can we in live production enviroment coz some of the accounts are improperly assigend and question is from where we can change them

i reqquire navigation and then the after effects
incase if we change the above said accounts do thell impact somewot adversly on live prod

Supplier Accounting default values are defined at the System level (see Payables User Guide, Chapter 2 - Payables Setup) but can be overwritten at the Supplier and Supplier Site level (see Payables User Guide, Chapter 3 - Suppliers).

I have no experience of changing accounting values, so the rest of this post is an educated guess and not based on actual experience, so if somebody else gives you advice based on their actual experience, please feel free to ignore this post, except for this one piece of advice:- whatever you do, try it out in TEST before you go anywhere near PRODUCTION.

If you enter an invoice from a supplier while the Liability account is set to Account A, then the Total Invoice value will be Credited to Account A. If you then change the Liability Account to Account B and pay the Invoice, I believe that the Payment will Debit Account B. This will leave you the problem of reconciling Accounts A and B and providing evidence to the Auditors that all is as it should be.

It might be better to set up a new Supplier (or Supplier Site) with the correct Accounting. You could then enter a Credit Memo against the old Supplier (and match it to the original Invoice) then reenter the Invoice against the new Supplier.

But remember, whatever you do, try it out in TEST before you go anywhere near PRODUCTION.

Cool HTH

David
icon7.gif  Re: Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer [message #214173 is a reply to message #213791] Mon, 15 January 2007 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aatif2001
Many Thanks David

Re: Payabel Module:Need to change accounts assign to customer [message #214200 is a reply to message #214173] Mon, 15 January 2007 06:51 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
You are more than welcome.

Once you have completed your testing and decided what to do, and successfully completed it both in TEST and in PRODUCTION, would you please be kind enough to return and update this thread, so that other members may benefit from your knowledge and experience?

Cool TIA

David
Previous Topic: SOB
Next Topic: How to paqy cash in AP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 06:58:06 CDT 2024