Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » why maybe cannot copy text file to oracle gl.
why maybe cannot copy text file to oracle gl. [message #214114] Mon, 15 January 2007 00:59 Go to next message
voralux
I can not copy text file from notepad(excel, word) to GL (Add Segment , Field "Description).
Re: why maybe cannot copy text file to oracle gl. [message #214197 is a reply to message #214114] Mon, 15 January 2007 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
voralux wrote on Mon, 15 January 2007 06:59
I can not copy text file from notepad(excel, word) to GL (Add Segment , Field "Description).

Take a look at Dataload, which is a free download from http://www.dataload.net/. This will allow you to build your data in Excel, then import the Excel data into DataLoad, then load the data into Oracle Applications.

The DataLoad site has a page of pre-built spreadsheets for many Oracle Applications Forms. These have been contributed by other users as they have built them for their own use, and are freely downloadable.

The DataLoad site also has Help pages where all of the DataLoad facilities are documented, and there are clear instructions on how to use each of the facilities.

The DataLoad site also has a Forum where you can look to see what questions or problems users have encountered when using DataLoad, and it is likely that any problems that you encounter will have been solved before. If you still have a problem after reading the manual and browsing the Forum, then join the Forum and post your own question. Somebody (possibly me, as the Forum Administrator) will do their best to answer your question and get you up and running.

Cool HTH

David
Re: why maybe cannot copy text file to oracle gl. [message #214327 is a reply to message #214114] Mon, 15 January 2007 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voralux
Thank you David,

I would like to copy only text.(use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V)
example --> copy "Oracle Financial new Version"
for field : Description
sometime can copy, sometime cannot copy
Re: why maybe cannot copy text file to oracle gl. [message #214396 is a reply to message #214327] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:35 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
There is a condition that can prevent "paste" from working in Oracle Forms, and that is identified by a yellow warning bar at the bottom of each form that says (something like) "Warning Applet". If you are getting this, then a good place to start is MetaLink Note:118847.1

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Not able to query the ASN in Manage Shipments?
Next Topic: Document Types - Purchasing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 06:54:43 CDT 2024