Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization
To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214383] Tue, 16 January 2007 03:15 Go to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear Purchsing Gurus,

I have an item supplied by a supplier. Before receiving it in my organisation, it will come across various locations (for eg. If it shipped via. a ship and ship is coming thru various contries like India, China, Japan).

I would like to track these locations. i.e. at any point of time I should know where the item is.

How to track this?

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214389 is a reply to message #214383] Tue, 16 January 2007 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srikanth17
Hi,

By using Receipt Transaction summary you can trace out where the item exactly have been located.

Thanks & reagrds,
Srikanth
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214391 is a reply to message #214389] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for the reply...But I think you have not understood my requirement...I want to track the exact location of the item supplied by the supplier before receiving it in my organization. What you said is after receiving it in my organization.

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214395 is a reply to message #214391] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srikanth17
Hi,

you can find it on PO..that is nothing but Supplier site....

thanx & regards,

Srikanth
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214400 is a reply to message #214395] Tue, 16 January 2007 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Hi Srikanth,

It is not the supplier site...The item is dispatched from the supplier site...The transporter comes thru various locations...I want to track these locations in Oracle Applications.

i.e. At any point of time, I should know where the item is.

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214488 is a reply to message #214400] Tue, 16 January 2007 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
I think you have to develop custom interface for getting this information no such information is stored in oracle apps for this.
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214547 is a reply to message #214383] Tue, 16 January 2007 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks

The supplier can send ASN along with the LPN for the individual item.

LPN help tracking, receiving and locating the items. During ASN/ASBN creation, suppliers can provide the LPN numbers of the containers used to pack the items. LPNs can be nested to model a box on a pallet or other similar configurations.

This just a theorotical info!!!.

Regards
Vinod

Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214557 is a reply to message #214547] Wed, 17 January 2007 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for your reply...But I want to track the location of the item before receiving it in my organization.

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: To track the locations of the item before receiving it in my organization [message #214562 is a reply to message #214383] Wed, 17 January 2007 01:42 Go to previous message
vin_odks

If the supplier can provide the LPN (License plate number)number at all the "stops " during the delivery like china,japan etc , then these can be tracked.

Module like isupplier portal can help you.

Supplier can login and furnish the details for the current stop of the consignments as an attachement to the ASN or make changes to the existing one.

or by using ASN/ASBN Excel.Using this template, the supplier can create the ship notice offline using common spreadsheet software, as well as upload the file, review any errors, make corrections, and resubmit.

Another alternative,

Customize the isupplier portal for your desired requirement and hope for supplier to give you right information at the right time..

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: Sales Order Booking
Next Topic: Plz help.... very urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 06:55:03 CDT 2024