Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » RMA tables
RMA tables [message #217589] Fri, 02 February 2007 22:32 Go to next message
kdurgareddy

Hi, all
can anybody explain the concept of RMA and its supported tables
Re: RMA tables [message #219821 is a reply to message #217589] Fri, 16 February 2007 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mahendravarma

Hi,
RMA is nothing but 'Receiving Material Authorisation'. You use this RMA broadly for
1. While purchasing the new item from supplier--this is done using the Purchasing>receiving > receipts
2.when u get the repair item from the supplier--

the system generates the RMA no ..

Pl revert for any further detail

Regards
Mahendra varma
Re: RMA tables [message #219822 is a reply to message #217589] Fri, 16 February 2007 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mahendravarma

Hi,
RMA is nothing but 'Receiving Material Authorisation'. You use this RMA broadly for
1. While purchasing the new item from supplier--this is done using the Purchasing>receiving > receipts
2.when u get the repair item from the supplier--

the system generates the RMA no ..

Pl revert for any further detail

Regards
Mahendra varma
Re: RMA tables [message #220529 is a reply to message #217589] Wed, 21 February 2007 02:03 Go to previous message
sai_narendran

Hi,

RMA is actually the acronym for Return Material Adjustment. It is used in the below scenarios

1. If I have shipped an order via Order Management to a wrong customer or the wrong item/quantity has been shipped, then I will do an RMA transaction in Inventory to bring the item back. This will generate a credit memo in AR.

2. If the customer finds that item is faulty or defective, then he returns the shipment to us. In this case too, we will create an RMA in Inventory and receive the item back. This again creates a credit memo.

Let me know if you have any other clarifications.
Previous Topic: Accounting entries in Ap
Next Topic: related to report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 18:22:36 CDT 2024