Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds
Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds [message #219845] Fri, 16 February 2007 05:57 Go to next message
kalyani1711*

Hi,

How can we identify a descriptive flex filed that exists in a form. Is there any particular way to represent a descriptive flex field ? Please let me know.

Thanks In Advance,
Kalyani.
Re: Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds [message #219863 is a reply to message #219845] Fri, 16 February 2007 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fakhar55
Follow the navigation as mentionted below.

1-Help-->Diagnostic-------->Examine.
2- In the block field choose '$DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD$' from the list of values. Choose the available DFF from list of values in the next field named 'Field'.
3-See the DFF name in the value field.
Hope this will help u.Best of luck.
Re: Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds [message #219915 is a reply to message #219863] Fri, 16 February 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalyani1711*
Hi,

Thanks Fakhar55.

This is the navigation for finding the descriptive FlexField.

I faced a question in my Interview as follows :

How can we identify a descriptive FlexFieldthat is existing in a form.
For example: If a descriptive FlexField is there in a AP Invoice Form. How can we find which field is the descriptive FlexField by seeing the form. Is it possible to identify like this? i am not sure this is possible.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,
Kalyani.
Re: Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds [message #220111 is a reply to message #219915] Sun, 18 February 2007 22:19 Go to previous message
fakhar55
hi kalyani,
Single character braces like '[]' shows a descriptive flexfield on an existing form.
Two character braces like '[ ]' shows a key flexfield on an existing form.
Check and view some of the forms to clear your understanding.
Previous Topic: GL Architecture
Next Topic: Custom Price - From External DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 17:37:09 CDT 2024