Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » General Ledger - Error when selecting account number for reatined earnings for company with branches
General Ledger - Error when selecting account number for reatined earnings for company with branches [message #221262] Mon, 26 February 2007 00:57 Go to next message
inforeqd51
Hi,

I set up a single set of books for a company with US branches and a Mexico branches.

When setting up the account number for the retained earnings the following error pops up :

Pls choose an existing combination.
Re: General Ledger - Error when selecting account number for reatined earnings for company with bran [message #221267 is a reply to message #221262] Mon, 26 February 2007 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
Either set allow dynamic inserts to Yes in chart of account KFF structure or enter the account combination in GL accounts form (Setup --> Accounts --> Combinations).

These are all very basic things..First you should read the GL document before doing setup.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: General Ledger - Error when selecting account number for reatined earnings for company with bran [message #221278 is a reply to message #221267] Mon, 26 February 2007 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inforeqd51
sorry I checked and found that I'd missed this step.

However, when I go to add the valid combinations in the path specified by you, the GL Account list of values does not show me the Accounting Flexfield structure that I created but another accounting Flexfield structure that was also created for the Accounting flexfield.

How do I enter the valid values per the accounting FF structure that I created?
Re: General Ledger - Error when selecting account number for reatined earnings for company with bran [message #221284 is a reply to message #221262] Mon, 26 February 2007 03:19 Go to previous message
tgs100
The Account combination showing in the GL Accounts form is based on the set of books attached for the profile option 'GL Set of Books Name'.

1. Initially you need to set the option 'Allow Dynamic Inserts' to Yes for the accounting structure and create the SOB.
2. Then attach the SOB to the profile option 'GL Set of Books Name'.
3. Now you can see your account structure in account combination form. Disable the 'Allow dynamic insert' option, if required.

Hope you are practicing in Dev/Test Instance.

Cheers,
Sara

Previous Topic: Freight Charges not appearing in Order / Invoice Detail Report
Next Topic: questions asked in the interview
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 18:09:19 CDT 2024