Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Help in check printing
Help in check printing [message #222160] Fri, 02 March 2007 01:52 Go to next message
the_slasher
I have a check printing program made with Oracle 6i Report Builder.
It works fine if the printer server used is Windows NT but everything went haywire when the users changed the printer server into Windows 2000.

I tried updating the program for it to re-align with the check using Windows 2000 printer server, but no matter what it won't align.

Background:

Program is in character mode
Created with Oracle 6i Report Builder
Report Width = 10 inches
Report Height = 7.5 inches
Report Width in Character Mode = 94
Report Height in Character Mode = 45
Every frame in the repor has fixed elasticity set to it.

Printer is Tally T2145 (dot matrix)
Printer server is Windows 2000

Report is submitted via Oracle Apps and then it would print
directly to the printer.

Problem:

My problem is that the first page would be aligned and would have a report height of 7 inches the next page (this is continuous printing) would be short of 1 millimeter (just this 1 millimeter is driving me nuts) after that page it would go back again to being 7 inches in report height and so on...By the
time the report would have printed all of its pages the last page would be completely mis-aligned.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Help in check printing [message #222961 is a reply to message #222160] Wed, 07 March 2007 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm_kanish05

hello,

Check the intial value in "Destination format" property pallatte. Tell me what is that....
Re: Help in check printing [message #224141 is a reply to message #222961] Tue, 13 March 2007 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the_slasher
hello the value is "dflt"

By the way I am submitting this report via Oracle Apps

Thanks a lot.
Re: Help in check printing [message #235826 is a reply to message #222160] Tue, 08 May 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malakolama

hi. the report hieght is 7 inches? why is that? i did not understand. should it not be the size of a single cheque leaf ?
Re: Help in check printing [message #235838 is a reply to message #235826] Tue, 08 May 2007 02:33 Go to previous message
the_slasher
hello...the our check size is about seven inches. It includes a header part.

Anyways..my problem has already been solved. Apparently there was a bug (LPD Service) in the Windows 2000 OS that condenses the output of the program I created. I just patched the registry as suggested by Microsoft's Knowledge Base and it works just like before when we were still using Windows NT.

Thanks to all those that gave an input and to those that also looked into my problem.
Previous Topic: reg--passing parameter to a function from a report
Next Topic: refcursor query that returns different refcursor types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:30:50 CDT 2024