Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » How can you disable "error" tracing?
How can you disable "error" tracing? [message #222306] Fri, 02 March 2007 14:01
petw
I have migrated a mainframe batch (JCL) COBOL DB2 application to Micro Focus Server Express on Red Hat Enterprise Linux v4, replacing DB2 with Oracle and using Enterprise Server JCL to execute the application.

I am keen to replicate the performance of the mainframe to justify the migration, but currently it is (only) one second slower (16 seconds on mainframe v 17 on Red Hat). Unfortunately (excuse the Oracle ignorance) Oracle is tracing all "errors" including SQLCODE 1403 (equivalent to DB2 +100 NOT FOUND, which certainly is not an "error"). As this is a reasonably high data I-O batch function (approx 120,000 SELECTs, 90% of which are "not found") I am keen to shave off any unnecessary processing to improve performance, and this certainly falls into this category. The tracing results in a 4MB text file, which I-O I'd dearly like to avoid.

Does anyone know how to disable the default Oracle tracing, or convince Oracle that 1403 is not an "error"?
Previous Topic: Retrive muiltpile colums
Next Topic: how to write applications using XA???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:20:53 CDT 2024