Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » P_CONC_REQUEST_ID
P_CONC_REQUEST_ID [message #225081] Sat, 17 March 2007 02:07 Go to next message
artisinha84
Hi,

Plz Can anybudy tel me The use of P_CONC_REQUEST_ID when we develop a report.Plz tel me ans ASAP.

Thanks In Advance
Arti
Re: P_CONC_REQUEST_ID [message #225083 is a reply to message #225081] Sat, 17 March 2007 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
Hi Arti,
This is Kittu here.
This P_CONC_REQUEST_ID used by the concurrent manager to pass request id of concurrent program through this parameter to the report builder.

Thats it....
If you want more search in metalink...
Kittu.
Re: P_CONC_REQUEST_ID [message #225086 is a reply to message #225083] Sat, 17 March 2007 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
artisinha84
Hi kittu,

Thanks 4 ans.Tel me one thing why report builder uses request_id.Plz giv me ans in brif ASAP

Thanks in advance
Arti

Re: P_CONC_REQUEST_ID [message #225087 is a reply to message #225086] Sat, 17 March 2007 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
Arti,

Without this parameter i don't think you can run ur report in apps, concrnt mannager will try to pass this id to ur report,which i belive makes the reprot to run in apps.
try without it n see...if possible let me know the ur knowledge.
Kittu.
Re: P_CONC_REQUEST_ID [message #225089 is a reply to message #225086] Sat, 17 March 2007 05:00 Go to previous message
adragnes
Arti,

For audit purposes Oracle has something called WHO-columns that provide information about who did what when. The standard five WHO-columns are CREATION_DATE, CREATED_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE, LAST_UPDATED_BY and LAST_UPDATE_LOGIN.

In some tables Oracle has provided some additional enhanced WHO-columns: PROGRAM_APPLICATION_ID, PROGRAM_ID, PROGRAM_UPDATE_DATE and REQUEST_ID that are used to log information about any concurrent program that creates or updates the record.

Strange as it may sound you can actually use an Oracle Report to alter data. In these cases the report will need to know the REQUEST_ID in order to provide the correct information for the WHO-columns.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: OM-Sales Order Approval WF?
Next Topic: Account generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 17:01:16 CDT 2024