Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Financials Newbie - Project Management Cycle
Oracle Financials Newbie - Project Management Cycle [message #226048] Thu, 22 March 2007 07:19 Go to next message
herbiec09
Good Afternoon all,

I am an Oracle newbie, and was looking for some advice and guidance with regards to an upcoming project to instal Oracle for the first( Moving from an antiquetted finacial package).

I am an accountant for a public sector organisation in the UK, and will be working along side external consultants in the implementantion of Oracle from scratch, and have decided to do a bit of research on the subject.

I have used Oracle before at my previous job, and was wondering if anyone out there would have some generic project workflow documents which would highlight the different stages involved in the implementation of Oracle and migration of data from our old system.

I am hoping to establish the key milestones that will need to be achieved as well as the logical progression/sequence of events to ensure succesful implementation of Oracle Financials. This will help to insure a seamless transfer to Oracle.

I am not sure if I have explained myself well enough, so please feel free to fire an questions if I have left anything out.

Many thanks

H
Re: Oracle Financials Newbie - Project Management Cycle [message #226366 is a reply to message #226048] Fri, 23 March 2007 06:45 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Oracle have their own Project Management tool called AIM (Application Implementation Method) which many consultancies use. Whichever methodology your consultants use, talk to them about your requirements and concerns. If you can agree the key milestones and the logical progression/sequence of events with them and have them incorporated into the project plan, then you can be sure that everybody is working towards the same goals.

You might also want to take a look at http://erp.ittoolbox.com/groups/strategy-planning/erp-projectmanagement# where they discuss ERP Project Management issues.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: OM SO Approval WF Plz.
Next Topic: Executable short name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 18:28:12 CDT 2024