Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to draw lines between the records of report output
How to draw lines between the records of report output [message #228837] Wed, 04 April 2007 06:42 Go to next message
world.apps
Hi,

I am new to reports. Could you help me in this.
how to draw the lines between the records of report output ? Can we do it in layout model?

You can see my required output from attached file.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to draw lines between the records of report output [message #228853 is a reply to message #228837] Wed, 04 April 2007 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I will not open a potentially dangerous file from an unknown source (which 'dept_output.doc' is), so I can't comment what you did. You'd better attach an image (.jpg would be just fine).

But, to draw lines as you'd like them to, enlarge repeating frame in order to make space below items in this frame. Then select "Line" tool from the toolbox and draw a line below items; just make sure to fit it into the repeating frame. When you finish, decrease repeating frame's size.
Re: How to draw lines between the records of report output [message #229617 is a reply to message #228837] Mon, 09 April 2007 07:04 Go to previous message
krishna123
HI
FOR THE RECORDS
1.FIRST SELECT ALL THE RECORDS AND CHANGE THEIR LINE COLOR IN THE TOOL PALLETTE(LEFT SIDE IN LAYOUT MODEL) TO NO FILL.
2.SELECT THE REPETING FRAME FOR THE RECORDS AND CHANGE ITS LLINE COLOR TO BLACK.ALSO CHANGE THE VERTICAL PROPRTY IN PROPERTY PALLETTE TO VARIABLE.
3.SELECT THE REPEATING FRAME AGAIN AND DRAWN LINES BETWEEN RECORDS INSIDE THE REPETING FRAME.(LINE SHOULD NOT BE OUT SIDE REPEATING FRAME. TO CHECK THAT SELECT THE LINES IMMEDIATE MAIN FRAME IT SHOULD BE THE REPETING FRAME ITSELF).DO IT FOR ALL THE LINES. THEN SELECT THE LINES GO TO ITS PROPERTY PALLETTE AND CHANGE LINE STRECH WITH FRAME TO R_1 OR WHAT EVER THE REPEATIN FRAME NAME IS.

FOR THE HEADERS
THAT IS DEPTNO,DNAME,LOCATION PROMPTS FIRST PLACE MAIN FRAme in
layout and chane its line color to black, then insert text inside it using text from tool pallette .draw lines between text.

regards
krishna
Previous Topic: Maximize the Report & user Parameter
Next Topic: Error Running report in 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:07:12 CDT 2024